project Ireland

Old Feb 2nd 2018, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Shaunandelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default project Ireland

Well,this has come to a head this year. Myself,self employed and winding up business,wife early retirement (both in our mid 50's)and elderly mother going home to the place of her birth (or wherever we end up near it). just settling down to take this project on. Feels like a writer staring at a blank sheet of paper.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 5:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: project Ireland

Whereabouts in Ireland are you aiming for?
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

The sunny south east. Probably within 30 mins ish radius of Waterford

Last edited by Shaunandelly; Feb 3rd 2018 at 7:53 am.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

So mum and dad were Irish Born, I was born UK and wife is UK with no Irish rels. Told her we might have to bin her post Brexit. Got our eye on renting for 12 months first with a view to buying. I have yet to get an irish passport but my initial thought is just to move as an EU national....am I right? What are we likely to need for renting? I have an Irish based Euro account and we owned our own home in UK. Mum has a pps number and I suppose we need to apply for one of those.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 2:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaunandelly
So mum and dad were Irish Born, I was born UK and wife is UK with no Irish rels. Told her we might have to bin her post Brexit. Got our eye on renting for 12 months first with a view to buying. I have yet to get an irish passport but my initial thought is just to move as an EU national....am I right? What are we likely to need for renting? I have an Irish based Euro account and we owned our own home in UK. Mum has a pps number and I suppose we need to apply for one of those.
Getting an Irish passport is a good idea but you and your wife can move as British citizens. British citizens in the RoI and Irish citizens in the UK have preexisting and greater rights to reside in each other's countries than under EU/EEA freedom of movement rules which won't affected by Brexit.