Reload this Page >

Paying Booking Deposit from Deposit of Sale in UK

Paying Booking Deposit from Deposit of Sale in UK

Old Jan 15th 2017, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Buzyizzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Paying Booking Deposit from Deposit of Sale in UK

Hi all
I'm selling my house here in UK and am due to exchange this week, fingers crossed. I have found a house in Mayo that currently has tenants in, but once I have exchanged, they will be given four weeks notice.
The vendor has very kindly agreed to my moving in as a tenant until,the sale completes, as I have a multitude of animals to bring with me and it would be very difficult to find somewhere else to rent that would take them all. It also means that I can crack on with the improvements whilst the sale is going thru.
However, usually in the UK, the solicitor would pass on the deposit which is taken at exchange, onto the next UK solicitor in the chain. Does anyone know if I can access the deposit, which is considerably higher than I need anyway, to put the deposit on the house in Mayo? I'm trying not to contact either solicitors as I know it will rack up my costs, but I may have to if you kind folks are unable to help.