Panic!

Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:06 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: Panic!

It is expensive but I don't think the UK is far behind. I think the best thing you can do is look at a few websites to see how much your groceries are going to cost (www.tesco.ie) and look at places like argos (www.argos.ie) to get a comparison of what you are unsure of.

Petrol here is about 1.16 at the moment. Not sure how that equates to what it is in sterling but I'm sure you can work it out easily.
Hope this helps
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice

Hi Peak
We are also considering Wexford along with Wtaerford and KIlkenny. I am just about to qualify as a midwife and have a job offer from the HSE in ROI. We are visiting at Easter in order to look at the hospitals and make a desicion. We are currently in Southport so not too far from you. Our girls are 12,10, and nearly 8! all very excited and the little one is looking forward to Irish Dancing so she says :-) . Good luck with your move. We are not having much luck finding websites for schools etc so any links you find please post i'd be very grateful.
Cheer
Jo
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:57 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

http://www.iol.ie/ednet/schools/primary.html

check this out for primary schools in Ireland. They are not all listed but have websites.

You could also check out www.goldenpages.ie and search for primary schools
Irish Gal
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Peak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jomac1290
Hi Peak
We are also considering Wexford along with Wtaerford and KIlkenny. I am just about to qualify as a midwife and have a job offer from the HSE in ROI. We are visiting at Easter in order to look at the hospitals and make a desicion. We are currently in Southport so not too far from you. Our girls are 12,10, and nearly 8! all very excited and the little one is looking forward to Irish Dancing so she says :-) . Good luck with your move. We are not having much luck finding websites for schools etc so any links you find please post i'd be very grateful.
Cheer
Jo
Hi
Go on the Wexford Web, that gives you info on schools etc, I did get all my info on this site, as well as houses to rent or buy.
Good luck
Peak
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Peak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Second thoughts!!

Oh dear!!
After all our research and deciding whether to or not to, we have concluded with the idea of staying put We really are not completely sure so we don't want to risk it right now. Like to thank all who replied to my messages, with great words of advice and info...
I'll keep watching to see what people are saying about Ireland, and who knows what might happen in the future??
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

lulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to all

Probabaly wise as the Pound is doing porely against the Euro

1.25 to the euros, I remember 1.51 when I went from stirling to euros
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Gulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Peak
But so many people say its extremely expensive to live in Ireland
Depends on where you live, day to day expenses - rural is more expensive that cities. Property prices are through the roof, rent isn't cheap either. Petrol is cheaper here, cars are around the same prices.

One thing I will say is over the last few years attitudes towards "outsiders" are changing - for the worse. When I came home 15 years ago people weren't the least bit bothered about my not being a local and having an [acquired over 20 years] 'foreign' accent. Nowadays I get a lot of stick from people about my [now hybrid Irish/summat else] accent, and I've had several people make aggressive remarks about my not being from "around here"