Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Now I am thinking of moving to Ireland.

Now I am thinking of moving to Ireland.

Old Mar 15th 2018, 8:33 am
Just Joined

sb300869 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Now I am thinking of moving to Ireland.

I am now seriously thinking of moving to Ireland. I have been visiting the country around 4 to 6 times a year during the last 5 years. After all that I will or I am scared and I will again, it is now time to take action and do something about it.

When I visit Ireland, I feel so much at home there, does not matter where I am either it be in the city or out in the sticks. People are so friendly as well which I know I will fit in very well here being a social person and I have a good habit in talking to strangers in pubs and when I am taking part in sporting events out there which one of my hobbies is road and off-road trial running in the mountains and the countryside .

I am 49 years old, an IT professional in the city of London. I have my own flat in Croydon with another 12 years in mortgage payment. My plan would be to sell my place, put money in the bank. Move out, maybe rent for a while, find a job and of course eventually buy my own flat/house. looking at prices, I may able to find a place to buy out-right or with a big deposit with just few years to pay the mortgage.

To make new friends, I can just continue with my running hobby and join a local running club and or course go to local pubs and enjoy my pint of guinness with strangers :-)

Greatful for feedback and advice from anybody out there.

Kind Regards.
Sunjay
Old Mar 16th 2018, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now I am thinking of moving to Ireland.

Originally Posted by sb300869
I am now seriously thinking of moving to Ireland. I have been visiting the country around 4 to 6 times a year during the last 5 years. After all that I will or I am scared and I will again, it is now time to take action and do something about it.

When I visit Ireland, I feel so much at home there, does not matter where I am either it be in the city or out in the sticks. People are so friendly as well which I know I will fit in very well here being a social person and I have a good habit in talking to strangers in pubs and when I am taking part in sporting events out there which one of my hobbies is road and off-road trial running in the mountains and the countryside .

I am 49 years old, an IT professional in the city of London. I have my own flat in Croydon with another 12 years in mortgage payment. My plan would be to sell my place, put money in the bank. Move out, maybe rent for a while, find a job and of course eventually buy my own flat/house. looking at prices, I may able to find a place to buy out-right or with a big deposit with just few years to pay the mortgage.

To make new friends, I can just continue with my running hobby and join a local running club and or course go to local pubs and enjoy my pint of guinness with strangers :-)

Greatful for feedback and advice from anybody out there.

Kind Regards.
Sunjay

Nothing wrong with your plan and you have been to Ireland enough to know what you are looking for. Especially with IT, you should have no problems if you base yourself not too far from the major cities (Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, but maybe there are opportunities in other parts. Around Galway myself and it's great place for working and exploring the country (you need a car though). Most weekends, we just get up early and drive to different beaches, lakes & explore the countryside. Even Dublin is only 2 hours drive away, so easy to get some city life if you need it. OK, I would say that the rental/housing market is tough these days and we were lucky to buy after crash when prices were very low. But in your case (budget) and being from London, it should be no problem and prices will still seem lower.