Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Applying for Ireland Student visa with Previous visa refusal history

Applying for Ireland Student visa with Previous visa refusal history

Old Jul 6th 2017, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

jim2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for Ireland Student visa with Previous visa refusal history

I got a phd Admission in Ireland, I'm in the process of applying for an Irish student visa.

Unfortunately, I have two previous visa refusals, both are tourist visa. My Schengen visa refused because of a missing application supporting document (noc / leave letter from employer) and UK tourist visa refused because of unusual deposit of fund, the Quote from the refusal letter “origin of these funds is unclear and the deposits are inconsistent with the transaction history shown”.

Will these refusals affect my chances of getting an Irish student visa? Is there anything else I can do besides attaching previous refusal letters to support my visa application like a cover letter or something ?.

Any advice appreciated
Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Ireland Student visa with Previous visa refusal history

Where are you applying from? What nationality are you?
Old Jul 7th 2017, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Applying for Ireland Student visa with Previous visa refusal history

i am applying from VFS banaglore, Nationality is India.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

deadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond repute

why would the other refusals affect you? They will look at your application on merit alone and that's it. UK and Ireland are different countries, so their student visa process is different.

If your accounts are in order, you have a proper PHD program lined up and funding...then there probably won't be an issue. But the only way to find out is apply
Old Jul 7th 2017, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply.

understood the fact they must treat separately.I got the offer letter for the program. i have scholarship and my savings to cover half of the funding, but explaining other half and the sources of funding /sponsors seems to be a big deal