Reload this Page >

Moving to Limerick - area advice

Moving to Limerick - area advice

Old Dec 8th 2016, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

dexterandlola is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Limerick - area advice

Hi!
My husband and I along with our 22 month old son, my mother and our dog are relocating to Limerick in the new year. My husband will be working in the university area.
We have a trip planned on 16th December to look at different areas but aren't able to be there long and a lot to do so I was hoping I might be able to get some help of best places to look, or rather what to avoid.
We are looking to initially rent a 4 bed property, ideally within a 30 min drive of the university, in an excellent neighbourhood where there are lots of families and professionals. Close to good nurseries and primary schools and parks and walks. Desirable but not a must close to a nice high street with independent shops, cafe's and bars and restaurants and somewhere with a community spirit as we would like to make new friends.
Budget can be flexible, up to 2000 euros (max).

Any help and advice appreciated. We've never moved abroad before.
Thanks!
Old Dec 9th 2016, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Limerick - area advice

Originally Posted by dexterandlola
Hi!
My husband and I along with our 22 month old son, my mother and our dog are relocating to Limerick in the new year. My husband will be working in the university area.
We have a trip planned on 16th December to look at different areas but aren't able to be there long and a lot to do so I was hoping I might be able to get some help of best places to look, or rather what to avoid.
We are looking to initially rent a 4 bed property, ideally within a 30 min drive of the university, in an excellent neighbourhood where there are lots of families and professionals. Close to good nurseries and primary schools and parks and walks. Desirable but not a must close to a nice high street with independent shops, cafe's and bars and restaurants and somewhere with a community spirit as we would like to make new friends.
Budget can be flexible, up to 2000 euros (max).

Any help and advice appreciated. We've never moved abroad before.
Thanks!

Not in Limerick but I probably wouldn't rule out Co. Clare either with your budget. Killaloe seems like a nice place directly on river shannon and less than 30 minutes from university. Not much available for rent though House to Rent, 2 The Signets, Killaloe, Co. Clare