Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Moving to Ireland from the UK, advice needed please .

Moving to Ireland from the UK, advice needed please .

Old Mar 11th 2018, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Greenie116 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Ireland from the UK, advice needed please .

Hi, I'm moving to Ireland next year and I'm looking for some advice regarding jobs mainly.
My general background in mental health management but also worked in community recovery and social care. By the time I come to Ireland I'll have a Level 6 qualification in international healthcare and social care management which is equivilant to the Irish level 7.
My question is where would the best place to look for social care jobs? Are they out there? And are they more prominent in certain counties?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 12th 2018, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Ireland from the UK, advice needed please .

Originally Posted by Greenie116
Hi, I'm moving to Ireland next year and I'm looking for some advice regarding jobs mainly.
My general background in mental health management but also worked in community recovery and social care. By the time I come to Ireland I'll have a Level 6 qualification in international healthcare and social care management which is equivilant to the Irish level 7.
My question is where would the best place to look for social care jobs? Are they out there? And are they more prominent in certain counties?

Thanks in advance
There should be plenty of jobs. You can check here on irishjobs.ie and look under Medical Professionals & Healthcare Jobs.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If someone lives in the 26 counties and works in the 6 counties, can they use NHS ?
Old Mar 12th 2018, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
If someone lives in the 26 counties and works in the 6 counties, can they use NHS ?
FAQs: Healthcare - Border People

Q3: I work in Belfast and my wife works in Omagh and we recently moved to live in Aughnacloy. The reason I am contacting you is to ask if we were to live across the border in the south could we still go to a GP practice in the Aughnacloy (in the north)?
A: As a cross border workers you are both entitled to access the NHS in the same way including GP services. Provided you both have no other income sourced in Ireland you are also entitled to Irish Medical Cards which would enable you, and any dependent children, to access free public healthcare in the south.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the rapid response.