a merry one

Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all
Default Re: a merry one

you could fill a discussion forum on the rip-offs in the south. my brother who came out to see us in the summer,was amazed at the cost of a litre bottle of bacardi here,,eleven euros. he told me the same bottle in his home town of wexford would cost upwards to twenty five to thirty euros...
having the same currency gives you some perspective as to prices,and according to the brother,southern ireland is one of the most expensive places around. hard to believe mate. i remember coming to dun laoghaire on leave when i was in the navy,and knowing my pound would get me one and a half times its value in punts. everything was cheaper in ireland then.
then we had the changeover to decimal in the uk with the change to the euro in ireland. job done. over here my utilities are cheap. my half-yearly water bill came yesterday, 23 euros. rubbish(urbana)bill for year about 60 odd euros. gas bottle 10 euros,electric about 45 euros a month(and that has gone up drastically over the year).
a good night out is cheap here,but is going up all the time. bottle of san mig(my favourite) about a euro and a half,but you get a small plate of tapas with it. four of us had a night out not so long back,just beer and tapas,we had eight bottles each, lot came to sixty euros. i don't know how that compares to ireland but i am guessing it is cheaper.
my sis who is house-sitting in your town tells me not to get my expectations too high about returning. she tells me the ould place has changed and not always for the best. i will judge that i think. just looking forward to returning to my roots(like a homing salmon,pick the bones out of that!!!).
laraghs forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!