a merry one

Old Dec 24th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all
Default a merry one

to londonuck,norquin and everyone on here whose name i don't know----
i send you all the very best wishes for the xmas and hoping you all have a prosperous new year.
lets hope 2010 is much better than the uncertainties of 2009. and i wish you all out there two more things(things that i don't have here by the way)...water and electricity...both have gone orf...water at eight last night,,,electricity just now.....turkey is nearly ready to go in,at least we have bottled gas,unless we run out.
i can hear the thing on the top of my chimney going round like a whirlygig,perhaps it will fly off and land on my roof and put a big hole in it. i am sooooooo happy!!!!!!
good luck to you all,good health,good wealth,good living, good God,the electric is back!!!! hallelujah........
Old Dec 25th 2009, 11:29 am
Just Joined

NorQuin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: a merry one

Happy Christmas to you too Michael........Hope Santa was good to you.??? Ah!!..for the wonders of bottled gas.....otherwise you would have to have had a 'barbie'......(no not the stunning, long legged blond.)!!!!!!
All the best for 2010.......my don't these years fly by now.???? We are up to our eyeballs in snow right now.....so not venturing out at all. We went out for Christmas meal last night....excellent!!!.....then had to drive back home in snow and freezing fog..................good night though.!!!

Take care and Stay Lucky.................Mike.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

same to you mike, everything is going well here in sunny(hah!!)spain. first thing this morning,dog walkies up through the village. met lots of old dears(these villages does a lot of old dears,all dressed in black,all small,and all bandy!!). feliz navidad to you all i says.
then cook breakfast for the wife,the boy and the visiting boy and his girlfriend. then put turkey into oven. 'twill be ready in two hours time. having a quiet drinkie at the moment,everything quiet here. they don't celebrate xmas too well but wait until january 6th(three kings day)when the kids get the majority of the pressies and everything kicks off. the three kings come round the village being towed by tractors or vans,usually on sleds,and throwing boiled sweets at everyone. they hurt if they get you in the eye i can tell you. simple fun.
watch the roads mate,take care,best to you and the missus.
mike,carol,pat,chris(the visiting boy)and sam(his girl).oh not forgetting max the husky.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 10:17 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
to londonuck,norquin and everyone on here whose name i don't know----
i send you all the very best wishes for the xmas and hoping you all have a prosperous new year.
lets hope 2010 is much better than the uncertainties of 2009. and i wish you all out there two more things(things that i don't have here by the way)...water and electricity...both have gone orf...water at eight last night,,,electricity just now.....turkey is nearly ready to go in,at least we have bottled gas,unless we run out.
i can hear the thing on the top of my chimney going round like a whirlygig,perhaps it will fly off and land on my roof and put a big hole in it. i am sooooooo happy!!!!!!
good luck to you all,good health,good wealth,good living, good God,the electric is back!!!! hallelujah........
U2 Mick, hope you had a good un.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

To Michaleen and Londonuck......here's wishing you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year for 2010.....................go easy on the 'poteen'?????
And let's hope that 2010 is the year we can all meet up at 'Laragh's'.

Stay Lucky all..................Mike.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:31 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorQuin
To Michaleen and Londonuck......here's wishing you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year for 2010.....................go easy on the 'poteen'?????
And let's hope that 2010 is the year we can all meet up at 'Laragh's'.

Stay Lucky all..................Mike.

You wouldnt get near it today mate after last night!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...did=2055784024
Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Your probably right Londonuck.........I don't think we could even get out of our village at the moment........Thanks for the pics....they were great, hope it is not interfering too much in your business.??????
Here are a couple of pics from my cottage....................

Old Jan 1st 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

well fellas,i hope you had a good new year,plenty of drinks and plenty of eats. been quiet here, the boy has gone back to the uk after enjoying himself over the holiday. love the photos of laragh and your village,mike. here are a few of my village taken three days ago...we have it rough too you know!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails a merry one-dscn0617.jpg   a merry one-100_0720.jpg   a merry one-100_0723.jpg  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Hello Mike.
Nice pics....thanks........do i detect some flakes of snow in the night-time shot, or is it rain.???????
With all those white houses in the village, if it did snow you would not be able to see the village.......where is your house located, or is it not within shot.????
Love your dog...it's a beauty.
All the best to you and yours for 2010...........stay sober.

Regards......Mike.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

glad you enjoyed mike,,not snowflakes though, that one was taken in august during the month-long fiesta. there is a small amphitheatre at the base of the castillo,and during fiestas we have things going on there, flemenco,groups(the one pictured was a jazz band which played english songs).
our house is at the back of the castillo,one of the battlements forms the backdrop and during the summer tourist stand on it and look down onto our terrace when i have a barby. they take photos too and love the dog, they don't see many huskys in spain and very few white ones.
if you go onto google street view and put in seron,you can see more of the village. it is too narrow for the cars to go up to so all you see is as they drive past but it is lovely. i know it sounds mad to be selling up here to move to ireland,what with the climate and the cost of living difference,but you miss your country of birth and as you get older(violins please)you yearn to return.
as for laraghs, i tell you now that it will have a night to remember when we get together there(londonuck take note!!). adios mi amigo(thats my limit)
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 8:39 am
Éireann go Brách

Originally Posted by NorQuin
Your probably right Londonuck.........I don't think we could even get out of our village at the moment........Thanks for the pics....they were great, hope it is not interfering too much in your business.??????
Here are a couple of pics from my cottage....................

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSCF1432.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSCF1434.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSCF1436.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSCF1437.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSCF1433.jpg
Havent been working mate. Had an airport run this morning at 6am which was a bit scary but they finally used the gritters.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

hope you all had a good one,,,also hope the weather isn't getting you down too much...londonuck,was talking to my sister the other night, she is still in ireland. she was house-sitting for a friend, in greystones,near tescos. do you know the area??? what a co-incidence.
also my brother phoned,he is working in trinity college...he went to the bank to collect some wages and met a friend of mine who i was told was dead!!!! he ws a bank guard and very much alive...you never know do you?
raining here,no snow as yet but still warmish. it will change. when it does,i will post photos of the snow, looks lovely up here when it snows....
Old Jan 8th 2010, 10:57 am
Éireann go Brách

hope you all had a good one,,,also hope the weather isn't getting you down too much...londonuck,was talking to my sister the other night, she is still in ireland. she was house-sitting for a friend, in greystones,near tescos. do you know the area??? what a co-incidence.
also my brother phoned,he is working in trinity college...he went to the bank to collect some wages and met a friend of mine who i was told was dead!!!! he ws a bank guard and very much alive...you never know do you?
raining here,no snow as yet but still warmish. it will change. when it does,i will post photos of the snow, looks lovely up here when it snows....
Yes mate use that Tesco's daily. I miss Waitrose badly!

Its only up the road from me.

We had an unexpected blizzard this morning now lying on top of the frozen snow from Wednesday. Met Ireland just announced a warning for weekend heavy snow. Could be up to 20cms by Monday. No work this weekend methinks!
Old Jan 8th 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

took dog for his morning walkies,had to put a coat on. hard frost on the ground,snow on the hills opposite(not too much yet),wind biting. so big change there then,but not as bad as what you are having. just watch the roads mate,other cars may not be as careful as you!!!
the only supermarket i knew in ireland was quinnsworth. now you have tesco!!! heard how expensive it is over there, but surely tesco has same prices as uk??? otherwise you are being ripped off. had a laugh on new years day, a viewer!!!! moroccan lad,looking for a big house with lots of bedrooms for his brother and brood....we will see...i made sure he got a good look at mad max,the quarter wolf husky too....
so many renovations still going on in the village,house at the back of us being done up now.jackhammers at dawn....water off most of yesterday because of it i think. lots of voices outside at the moment and mad max giving it plenty of woof woof,,,attaboy...
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:11 pm
Éireann go Brách

now you have tesco!!! heard how expensive it is over there, but surely tesco has same prices as uk??? otherwise you are being ripped off.
No mate its more expensive. Only dropped their prices cos we were all heading up to NI Tescos. Same bubbly at xmas was 'special' 18.99e down here. Up in NI and UK it was £9.99. Makes me quite annoyed. V rip off down here. Superquinn is even worse!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.