Reload this Page >

Marriage Visa 'Letter of Application' Template

Marriage Visa 'Letter of Application' Template

Old Apr 19th 2015, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sola1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Visa 'Letter of Application' Template

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if there's any good templates for writing a 'letter of application' for a marriage visa out there on the internet as well as having a few queries on what to state in it!

Me and my fiancé are wanting to marry in Ireland and then remain in the country until we are able to apply for a UK family permit via the Surinder Singh route. There's a few things on the 'supporting documents' section of this website...

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service Marriage/Civil partnership Visa

...that seem difficult to answer because of our intentions to remain in Ireland after marriage! For example, in section 6 (GUIDE TO SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION) of the webpage above, it says (I will put the parts that I'm needing help with answering in italics!)...

outlining your reason for wanting to come to Ireland,
stating how long you intend to stay,
giving details of any members of your family who are currently in Ireland, or any other EU Member State,
providing details of where you intend to stay while you are in Ireland,
stating that the cost of trip is being borne by yourself, or where that is not the case, details of the third party who is funding the costs of the trip, and
undertaking that you will observe the conditions of your visa, that you will not become a burden on the State, and that you will leave the State on the expiry of your permission to remain.

So, we want to be very open and honest about our intentions to remain in Ireland and include this in the 'letter of application' for the marriage visa but it seems like they are expecting you to leave Ireland! Surely there is a way to word the letter in such a way that they'll understand our plans. I mean, I'm sure loads of people who have went the SS route were open and honest about wanting to stay in Ireland and they were granted this but what did they state in the letter?!

If you have any help or guidance on this issue then please get back to me. I will appreciate any help, seriously!