London to Ireland

Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Ophelia29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question London to Ireland

I am desperate to get to Co Donegal as close to Killybegs as possible. Need to find a 3 bed house for myself and my family. My Dad and his family are there. My whole family are there. We need to find someone that will accept Rent Allowance for the first few months. I have tried Daft.ie but nothing as yet, also Gumtree.ie. Please please if anyone could help i would be ever so grateful and so would my children as they are desperate to get to their Grandad.
Any Help will be appreciated
Old Mar 31st 2006, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: London to Ireland

Originally Posted by Ophelia29
I am desperate to get to Co Donegal as close to Killybegs as possible. Need to find a 3 bed house for myself and my family. My Dad and his family are there. My whole family are there. We need to find someone that will accept Rent Allowance for the first few months. I have tried Daft.ie but nothing as yet, also Gumtree.ie. Please please if anyone could help i would be ever so grateful and so would my children as they are desperate to get to their Grandad.
Any Help will be appreciated

Have you or your family tried approaching the local authorities in Donegal? They might at least be able to put you in touch with places/people that accept rent allowance. Even the tourist authorities might be worth a shot for short term, as I had heard that holiday houses are often lying empty.

Sorry I can't be of any more help,
Snowqueen
Old Mar 31st 2006, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: London to Ireland

Originally Posted by snowqueen
Have you or your family tried approaching the local authorities in Donegal? They might at least be able to put you in touch with places/people that accept rent allowance. Even the tourist authorities might be worth a shot for short term, as I had heard that holiday houses are often lying empty.

Sorry I can't be of any more help,
Snowqueen
Thank You ever so much for your help. I have emailed someone with a holiday home and am awaiting response. There are plenty of houses for rent in shop windows but people don't want to rent them to Rental Allowance. I have been told that people don't like putting things through the books. So i am trying ever so hard. Very difficult though. I Will Survive lol
Old Apr 1st 2006, 6:49 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You ever so much for your help. I have emailed someone with a holiday home and am awaiting response. There are plenty of houses for rent in shop windows but people don't want to rent them to Rental Allowance. I have been told that people don't like putting things through the books. So i am trying ever so hard. Very difficult though. I Will Survive lol

Is it a UK Rental Allowance or is it paid by the Republic of Ireland government.
If it's a UK allowance, have you looked at the pros and cons of settling in Northern Ireland instead of Co Donegal?
Old Apr 1st 2006, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Is it a UK Rental Allowance or is it paid by the Republic of Ireland government.
If it's a UK allowance, have you looked at the pros and cons of settling in Northern Ireland instead of Co Donegal?
Donegal is where i am from and that is why i want to settle there. So Northen Ireland is a nono. But thanks anyway.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 7:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Donegal is where i am from and that is why i want to settle there. So Northen Ireland is a nono. But thanks anyway.

In that case, if you are receiving a UK Rental Allowance, are you sure the British government will continue to pay it if you no longer live in the United Kingdom?

I have a strong suspicion that the answer will be no but you should check the relevant UK government website.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Angry Re: London to Ireland

Originally Posted by JAJ
In that case, if you are receiving a UK Rental Allowance, are you sure the British government will continue to pay it if you no longer live in the United Kingdom?

I have a strong suspicion that the answer will be no but you should check the relevant UK government website.
I haven't said anything about receiving it here. So don't know what you are going on about!!!!!!!
I know that i can receive it when i get over to Ireland (Republic). As i have already been told as i will not walk straight into a job as i am a full time mum. Don't know why you are persisting with going on about my financial business as my main question was also about rented accomodation. If you have no suggestion about that then please don't make anymore comments.
Many Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

marcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant future

I haven't said anything about receiving it here. So don't know what you are going on about!!!!!!!
I know that i can receive it when i get over to Ireland (Republic). As i have already been told as i will not walk straight into a job as i am a full time mum. Don't know why you are persisting with going on about my financial business as my main question was also about rented accomodation. If you have no suggestion about that then please don't make anymore comments.
Many Thanks
Ophelia,
I think JAJ was trying to be helpful and if I was moving to UK I would really appreciate people taking the time to try and help me even if it was not the subject I asked about, I would consider it bad manners to reply like you did.
You will probably now say it is none of my buisness but good manners cost nothing and it may help you in Ireland in the future.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: London to Ireland

Originally Posted by marcecie
Ophelia,
I think JAJ was trying to be helpful and if I was moving to UK I would really appreciate people taking the time to try and help me even if it was not the subject I asked about, I would consider it bad manners to reply like you did.
You will probably now say it is none of my buisness but good manners cost nothing and it may help you in Ireland in the future.
I don't have bad manners. I just don't understand why my financial circumstances ended up being the main topic. I was also asking about accomodation. So if that is how i come across i am sorry.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

snert is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ

Hi,

Sorry to jump your post, but does it make a difference if you get housing benefit in the UK ?

I don't but also not sure about the child benefit...who pays that ? UK at same rate or Republic of Ireland ?

thanks
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: London to Ireland

Originally Posted by snert
Hi,

Sorry to jump your post, but does it make a difference if you get housing benefit in the UK ?

I don't but also not sure about the child benefit...who pays that ? UK at same rate or Republic of Ireland ?

thanks
I don't receive housing benefit in the uk either.
I have researched and actually went to a welfare office and asked.
They said that i would have to claim housing benefit when i first arrive. As for child benefit again i have to fill out forms.
Basically you have to goto the relevant welfare office where you are living or where you are moving to.
I hope that this helps