Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Are the Irish very conservative on sexual issues?

Are the Irish very conservative on sexual issues?

Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:42 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are the Irish very conservative on sexual issues?

Ireland has the reputation of being a very religious nation.Some topics like sexual behavior is seen as something best talked about behind close doors.Gambling is a practise very much frown upon, is the impression many have of Irish values.Just how conservative are the Irish.Are the Irish excited about and actively support equal rights for women and minorities? Is abortion illegal in Ireland? What about gay rights and contraceptives?

Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:31 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are the Irish very conservative on sexual issues?

My wife and I have never seen each other naked.Neither of us feel comfortable with the lights on when we make love.We were both virgins when we married , 28 years together and we still manage to unite when the rhythm method permits.I guess we are both a little conservative, in that she insists on the Missionary Position and I always keep my Wellies on.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

melpieters is an unknown quantity at this point

All the Irish over in Oz seem to shag like rabbits - anything that moves.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:20 am
Banned

YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
My wife and I have never seen each other naked.Neither of us feel comfortable with the lights on when we make love.We were both virgins when we married , 28 years together and we still manage to unite when the rhythm method permits.I guess we are both a little conservative, in that she insists on the Missionary Position and I always keep my Wellies on.
I'm sorry meant to include the word "serious" response need reply.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by melpieters
All the Irish over in Oz seem to shag like rabbits - anything that moves.
I know the individual is always going to honor their true feeling more often than not but I was actually speaking of the greater Irish society.Is Abortion legal in Ireland ?How progressive are the laws that decide individual freedom in Ireland?
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you ask?
Old Nov 21st 2008, 5:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Why do you ask?
Want to learn about the society of Ireland.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:32 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Want to learn about the society of Ireland.
The best way is to move to the country you are interested in...or at the very least take a vacation or tow in the said country.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
The best way is to move to the country you are interested in...or at the very least take a vacation or tow in the said country.
If I want to learn about the influence the moon has on the earth need I move there first? Allthough I hear Jackie Gleason is giving out free trips.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If I want to learn about the influence the moon has on the earth need I move there first? Allthough I hear Jackie Gleason is giving out free trips.
I think it was a good point, everyone has different views as to what they like in where they live, as they say suck it and see....
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
I think it was a good point, everyone has different views as to what they like in where they live, as they say suck it and see....
Is that what they say? Times sure are ah changing
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:53 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

impossible he is dead...or so they say on the internet!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Is that what they say? Times sure are ah changing
It doesn`t look like you are going to get an answer you agree with does it ?
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 3:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
It doesn`t look like you are going to get an answer you agree with does it ?
Maybe a nice moderator who has spent time in Ireland might tell me a thing or two about Ireland society?
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:00 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Maybe a nice moderator who has spent time in Ireland might tell me a thing or two about Ireland society?
I dont know, I have been about a bit although never lived there, but I did live near Holloway which was a mini Ireland in the early sixties and worked rebuilding the City of London. ;-)
Some of the ones I saw were sort of conservative on sexual issues, well at least they kept their de-mob suites and wellies on and did it in the cement shed on one of the building sites I worked on, then again cement is a bit nasty on the skin.
If I wanted to know about a country I would go and live there and get first hand experience, as I say everyone has a different view of society, you can`t make a judgement off pixels on a screen. ;-))

Last edited by jdr; Nov 22nd 2008 at 6:11 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.