Irish Passports

Old Jun 6th 2015, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Irish Passports

Has anyone resident in Great Britain experienced problems in getting an application form for an Irish Passport ?

Application cannot be made online and the form cannot be downloaded electronically.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 7:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Passports

Originally Posted by scot47
Has anyone resident in Great Britain experienced problems in getting an application form for an Irish Passport ?

Application cannot be made online and the form cannot be downloaded electronically.
Looks like you apply for a form online and they post it to you, or you can get one from various Irish centres.
https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/gre...or-a-passport/
Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Got an application form.
I sent an e-mail to the address provided for the Irish Embassy in Londinium and the document came by return post.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And now it is all signed, sealed and posted. Very soon my daughter's daughter should have her Irish passport !
Old Jun 10th 2015, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

They processed my son's in about 2 weeks. They were very efficient.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They say "10 working days". Fees are reasonable - it cost us more for registered post than for the passport !
Old Aug 21st 2015, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Delayed because they need the LONG FORM of the birth certificate. That can be ordered by post from Government website. Lots of copycat sites offering services at extra cost.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

London Irish is an unknown quantity at this point

My sister in London got her Irish passport in 2 weeks.
I got mine in 3 weeks here. Work that one out.
We both applied the same week in January, so it was hardly peak holiday season.
At least it was cheaper than a UK passport, so that's something I suppose.
The latest Government scam here is a new passport card for travel within the EU.
35 Euro, plus 5 Euro postage if outside Ireland.
One will still have to possess a passport, so its a con.
In reality it will just be used by 18 year olds as proof of ID to get into nightclubs or to buy drink in shops. They often lose their passports when drunk on nights out here.
As if the new EU plastic driving licences here weren't enough.
They may as well just introduce a national ID card and have done with it, or chip us as EU citizens. Ireland is becoming very Orwellian with all the Big Brother EU control.
https://www.dfa.ie/news-and-media/pr...passport-card/
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

coleen is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the new passport card would be wonderful, saves having to take the passport for European trips and it fits nicely in one's purse. After all I am sure if people don't want the passport card they won't be compelled to purchase one so I wouldn't really call it a government scam.

Last edited by coleen; Sep 3rd 2015 at 9:47 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2015, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Irish
My sister in London got her Irish passport in 2 weeks.
I got mine in 3 weeks here. Work that one out.
We both applied the same week in January, so it was hardly peak holiday season.
At least it was cheaper than a UK passport, so that's something I suppose.
The latest Government scam here is a new passport card for travel within the EU.
35 Euro, plus 5 Euro postage if outside Ireland.
One will still have to possess a passport, so its a con.
In reality it will just be used by 18 year olds as proof of ID to get into nightclubs or to buy drink in shops. They often lose their passports when drunk on nights out here.
As if the new EU plastic driving licences here weren't enough.
They may as well just introduce a national ID card and have done with it, or chip us as EU citizens. Ireland is becoming very Orwellian with all the Big Brother EU control.
https://www.dfa.ie/news-and-media/pr...passport-card/
I don't think the new Irish passport card is a scam.

You can use your passport card to travel within the EU. It would be handy for frequent travelers.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

After long delay - and a hiccup because they wanted the loooooooooooooooong birth certificate - the passport arrived.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So from June to September. Not as fast as we hoped, but we are pleased that our family now includes a citizen of the Republic.