Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I Miss Ireland sooooooo Much :(

Hiya guys!!! Not long back after doing the tv show!!It was fantastic as i got to spend a week in Ireland checking out properties,as soon as I am allowed to say which programme it is I will let you know.While we were gone we had a second viewing of our french property so we are patiently waiting for an offer this week hopefully.CONGRATULATIONS baby75 on the birth of your daughter,I hope you get some news on the job front shortly.talk soonx
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:45 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by yummymummywright
Hiya guys!!! Not long back after doing the tv show!!It was fantastic as i got to spend a week in Ireland checking out properties,as soon as I am allowed to say which programme it is I will let you know.While we were gone we had a second viewing of our french property so we are patiently waiting for an offer this week hopefully.CONGRATULATIONS baby75 on the birth of your daughter,I hope you get some news on the job front shortly.talk soonx

well how you getting and thanks for the congrats she is a little pet
My Dh is working now allgoing ok

still want to go home though and i will in a few months
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

scratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to allscratchey is a name known to all

Sitting in France,house spotless!!!just incase I get a viewer that wants to buy our property!!! I say property because its not my home.Im from the North of ireland and I miss it sooooo very much,yes even the weather.I miss the friendliness of complete strangers!! The food!!My family and friends.the grass is definitely not greener on the other side and once i get back i will be in no hurry to leave again.
hi
we are from n.ireland and we have had our visa for australia now for almost 2 years. got it validated but havent took the plunge. just reading through all the posts in this thread does make me think more than twice.
so i take it that nice weather etc wont make up for all you miss about home?
if any of you had it to do again, would you? would you advise the likes of me just to look harder for what this wee country has to offer? any advice welcome.

cheers
scratchey
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 12:49 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scratchey
hi
we are from n.ireland and we have had our visa for australia now for almost 2 years. got it validated but havent took the plunge. just reading through all the posts in this thread does make me think more than twice.
so i take it that nice weather etc wont make up for all you miss about home?
if any of you had it to do again, would you? would you advise the likes of me just to look harder for what this wee country has to offer? any advice welcome.

cheers
scratchey
Hello We came to Australia in June and im very home sick and have found it very hard esp with 4 young children one born here. we have had a lot of bad luck as well. we are going home this june09 or sooner if we can and I cant wait, but I dont regret coming I think we are better people because of it and you never know on till you try do you. I would say dont sell your house and may be come over and see how you go but have it that you can go home when ever you want to if you want to that is. Plenty of people love it here and settle very well I realized I want to be with my family and I love Ireland and want my children to grow up knowing their family and culture. you find out what is important to you very quickly its really opened our eyes. Australia is lovely and people are nice just not for me. hot weather is a nightmare at the minute we are on the sunshine coast its nearly midnight and its still to hot and its not even summer yet!
good luck with your decision keep your options open is the best advice I can give if you

Last edited by Baby75; Nov 2nd 2008 at 12:55 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:50 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hello We came to Australia in June and im very home sick and have found it very hard esp with 4 young children one born here. we have had a lot of bad luck as well. we are going home this june09 or sooner if we can and I cant wait, but I dont regret coming I think we are better people because of it and you never know on till you try do you. I would say dont sell your house and may be come over and see how you go but have it that you can go home when ever you want to if you want to that is. Plenty of people love it here and settle very well I realized I want to be with my family and I love Ireland and want my children to grow up knowing their family and culture. you find out what is important to you very quickly its really opened our eyes. Australia is lovely and people are nice just not for me. hot weather is a nightmare at the minute we are on the sunshine coast its nearly midnight and its still to hot and its not even summer yet!
good luck with your decision keep your options open is the best advice I can give if you

Good thing I cant find the cable to put the pics up i took at the beach at Kilcoole today, you'll be crying into your Milo!

What took you away in the first place Baby?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:52 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

Sitting in France,house spotless!!!just incase I get a viewer that wants to buy our property!!! I say property because its not my home.Im from the North of ireland and I miss it sooooo very much,yes even the weather.I miss the friendliness of complete strangers!! The food!!My family and friends.the grass is definitely not greener on the other side and once i get back i will be in no hurry to leave again.
This is so true, people do not realise what they had till they lose it
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 4:33 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlswoody
This is so true, people do not realise what they had till they lose it
Is that Irish club still there in Subiaco, Earl? Had a great night there about 1992.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Good thing I cant find the cable to put the pics up i took at the beach at Kilcoole today, you'll be crying into your Milo!

What took you away in the first place Baby?

I heard the sun was shinning, one of those lovely autumn days

My DH always wanted to come over so I decided to give Australia a go I knew i'd find it hard and I knew I Would always be coming home
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

cbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nice

so odd reven when people seem nice- odd reading these, moved from scotland to ireland lived ther 7 years, moved to aus miss ireland terribly, Would never move back to scotland cannot beat irish for the craic, people talk and not everybody wants to rob you, the perception here is very insular and scared off everything, my kids walk to school as they did in ireland at 5 and everybody is shocked. will move back one day my kids still say they are irish
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by cbeeb
so odd reven when people seem nice- odd reading these, moved from scotland to ireland lived ther 7 years, moved to aus miss ireland terribly, Would never move back to scotland cannot beat irish for the craic, people talk and not everybody wants to rob you, the perception here is very insular and scared off everything, my kids walk to school as they did in ireland at 5 and everybody is shocked. will move back one day my kids still say they are irish
Hello

how long are you in Australia, we are hoping to return to Ireland at the latest June, glad you liked Ireland so much
Old Nov 7th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the rough

Hiya everyone.

Im finally getting ready to go back to Ireland,hopefully in 4 weeks time so we will be home for christmas.These have been the toughest,lonliest two years of my life and I plan to never complain again as to what Ireland has to offer,I have missed everything,weather included...I really cannot wait to get my girls back into school where I know they will be safe and happy.Being away from home has taught me a valuable lesson!!! the grass is defintley not greener on the other side.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:16 pm

Hiya everyone.

Im finally getting ready to go back to Ireland,hopefully in 4 weeks time so we will be home for christmas.These have been the toughest,lonliest two years of my life and I plan to never complain again as to what Ireland has to offer,I have missed everything,weather included...I really cannot wait to get my girls back into school where I know they will be safe and happy.Being away from home has taught me a valuable lesson!!! the grass is defintley not greener on the other side.
Thats great, hope you have a lovely Christmas, Im looking forward to next year and I totally agree the grass is definitely not greener and with out friends and family the little problems life throws at us seem so much harder, good luck with every thing
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

cbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nice

In australia a year on 3 year temp still looking at houses in ireland to buy again though! Cannot say enough positives about ireland. Is expensive to live etc, etc but felt really at home, great friends good social life and people that were interested and not only out of nosiness!

I think i am convincing people here to move there though!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:34 am

In australia a year on 3 year temp still looking at houses in ireland to buy again though! Cannot say enough positives about ireland. Is expensive to live etc, etc but felt really at home, great friends good social life and people that were interested and not only out of nosiness!

I think Ireland has a pull about it that is always there

good time to buy now with the slow down hopefully that will work out better for us all going home as well.

were about in Austalia are you Im on the Sunshine coast but we are moving down to Brisbane DH wants a better paying Job and we need to save .
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:30 am
Éireann go Brách

Still highest wages in Europe apparently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.