Reload this Page >

house purchase taking ages

house purchase taking ages

Old Aug 29th 2015, 11:16 am
Just Joined

mikehall55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default house purchase taking ages

Hello everyone
Is there anyone out there who like us, has been waiting for ages for the contracts to come through? After being let down on a property five months ago, we made an offer on a cottage in South West Cork, which was accepted and booked We're doing everything through a solicitor, who is no doubt sick of my enquiries re progress. There are apparently various legislative changes regarding rights of way and leaseway to be sorted out before the vendor's solicitor can issue contracts and its just taking ages.

I know things are done differently over in Ireland, and that laid backness is the very reason we want to live there, but oh the stress of waiting. I'm worried about my kids - I sold my house last year and we thought we'd be there by now. I'm home educating, trying to keep their morale up and trying to keep sane. Advice, shared experience, forum hug would be very appreciated. Sara
Old Aug 29th 2015, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house purchase taking ages

Originally Posted by mikehall55
Hello everyone
Is there anyone out there who like us, has been waiting for ages for the contracts to come through? After being let down on a property five months ago, we made an offer on a cottage in South West Cork, which was accepted and booked We're doing everything through a solicitor, who is no doubt sick of my enquiries re progress. There are apparently various legislative changes regarding rights of way and leaseway to be sorted out before the vendor's solicitor can issue contracts and its just taking ages.

I know things are done differently over in Ireland, and that laid backness is the very reason we want to live there, but oh the stress of waiting. I'm worried about my kids - I sold my house last year and we thought we'd be there by now. I'm home educating, trying to keep their morale up and trying to keep sane. Advice, shared experience, forum hug would be very appreciated. Sara
There are so many different cases and I wouldn't worry yet. Sometimes you can be lucky and it's done in a few weeks, or you could wait for months. It could also be due to school holidays etc. Fingers crossed
Old Aug 30th 2015, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

mrhappygolucky will become famous soon enoughmrhappygolucky will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mikehall55
Hello everyone

Call their bluff and tell them you are pulling out of the deal in exactly one month if they are not ready to exchange contracts.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Werddon is an unknown quantity at this point

Stick with it, these are important issues that you must sort out. Many boundaries have changed since EU digitalisation maps were issued and patients now can save you a fortune in the future. Your solicitors job is to push things forward, keep emailing them. It took us a few extra months to sort our boundary out but we've now been in West Cork a year and love it.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

mikehall55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your messages. Things are starting to move and I have regained equilibrium! Its not just moving is it? more of an odyssey. So glad to know you're happy in West Cork. I would love to hear any reflections, observations on your new life there.
Best Wishes
Sara and Mike
Old Sep 28th 2015, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Werddon is an unknown quantity at this point

You can find us on Twitter @1Ardagh. It's not the good life but we're certainly still in the holiday mode of being here. Gwyn & Christine