Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

HELP, thinking of moving from Perth (oz) to Ireland?

HELP, thinking of moving from Perth (oz) to Ireland?

Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:01 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP, thinking of moving from Perth (oz) to Ireland?

Originally Posted by Baby75
very interesting why did you say london
Im London born & bred. I think Londoners from immigrant parents do say London rather than England or Britain. I grew up in inner SW London. High Irish, Jamaican, Indian and Pakistani area. There was a pub in Brixton that had half Irish and Jamaican stuff on the walls. Everyone drank Guinness thought the Jamaicans add condensed milk to their Guinness.

And now ive Canadian citizenship to add to the mix!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:12 am
Banned

Blackberry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baby75
my understanding from what jurdyr was trying to say it anoys him when people take advantage of the system regardless of colour, he is annoyed im assuming him here! that the country is in such a poor state. yes he expressed annoyance for thoses that come to ireland and get every thing and more off the goverment it happens in the uk as well and i have a lot of english friend who feel the same unjuistice of it esp when be it irish or english lose out when they need help .

i dont think he was being racist he did say he was sorry for causing offence

im sorry but you seem to have real issues with this and are coming across very bitter it works both ways you know.
Jyrdyr's first post was extremely racist and the site rules encourage anyone who is offended by someone's contribution to report it which is what I have done. He also seemed to think it was OK to post racist propaganda and I have corrected him on this point by highlighting the site rules. His language was inflammatory and extremely insulting and he was clearly singling out black immigrants as the focus for his wrath.

There is nothing that infuriates black people more than white people telling them they have 'issues' or 'a chip on their shoulder' or that they are 'bitter'. As LONDONUCK said, the attitudes of many irish folk is like 1950s Britain and, according to the Dublin City University magazine, less tolerant than other european countries and I'd have to agree. You are an immigrant in Australia and I'm sure if you were constantly told to go back to where you came from by complete strangers or had your change thrown down on the counter when you went to the shop (instead of given to you in your hand), it wouldn't be long before you were 'bitter' too.

This thread was started by someone who was thinking of moving to Ireland and we dont know whether he is black or white so xenophobia here could be a factor in his deciding whether to come to Ireland or not. I have made my feelings clear on the place and so I'm bowing out of this forum but not before I share with you a comment I found in another forum elsewhere. I hope this isn't against the rules but it summed up living in the west of Ireland quite well I thought!

<Snip, you cannot cut and paste material from other sites, read the site rules>

Nuff said!!!

Good luck to one and all!

Last edited by jdr; Nov 18th 2008 at 10:29 am.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:34 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blackberry
Jyrdyr's first post was extremely racist and the site rules encourage anyone who is offended by someone's contribution to report it which is what I have done. He also seemed to think it was OK to post racist propaganda and I have corrected him on this point by highlighting the site rules. His language was inflammatory and extremely insulting and he was clearly singling out black immigrants as the focus for his wrath. As I pointed out before I personally blame the goverment in ireland as they have in my opion casued this feeling amoung irish people espically when if we need help we are told no, were as an immigrant seeking help in ireland get money each week, money for cars, new house and money to furnish it Ive no problem with that but If the goverment put its own fist i dont think there would be this problem

There is nothing that infuriates black people more than white people telling them they have 'issues' or 'a chip on their shoulder' or that they are 'bitter'. Im very sorry I didnt say you had a chip on your shoulder I meant you are clearly not happy and you cant expect to give out about Irish and expect no one to say any think As LONDONUCK said, the attitudes of many irish folk is like 1950s Britain and, according to the Dublin City University magazine, less tolerant than other european countries and I'd have to agree. You are an immigrant in Australia and I'm sure if you were constantly told to go back to where you came from No they just try and rob you blind here its a very what can i get from this person although I did have a so called friend give out about people emigrating to Australia and being able to work there by complete strangers or had your change thrown down on the counter when you went to the shopI have got that in our local shop in dublin and else were in Ireland (instead of given to you in your hand), it wouldn't be long before you were 'bitter' too. yes but Im not the one doing it nor do I agree with that kind of treatment of any one

This thread was started by someone who was thinking of moving to Ireland and we dont know whether he is black or white so xenophobia here could be a factor in his deciding whether to come to Ireland or not. I have made my feelings clear on the place and so I'm bowing out of this forum but not before I share with you a comment I found in another forum elsewhere. I hope this isn't against the rules but it summed up living in the west of Ireland quite well I thought!

<SNIPPED OUT QUOTED TEXTED>

- Due to the unique isolation and misery that this country (at least the countryside as far as I can tell) has suffered for generations, most families are inbreed and share the same surname, even husband and wife. As a consequence it is my belief that this is the reason why there are so many retarded people around where I live and even apparently normal people are quite weird.

[color="Magenta"]Nuff said!!! you agree with statement

Good luck to one and all!
Im very sorry your experinces have been so bad and wish you all the best back home when you go

Im not going to coment any more I think this is dreadful

Last edited by Rete; Nov 18th 2008 at 2:52 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:22 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has now been closed as I think the OP got his advice in the first couple of pages and it had denegrating into a slanging match and serving no purpose.