Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Expats retiring to Ireland

Expats retiring to Ireland

Old Jan 27th 2016, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats retiring to Ireland

Originally Posted by Zelda247
Oh yes and about the rain, please don't move to the West Coast of Ireland it rains almost every day, we have had 2 dry days since 1 November. Having made the mistake of moving and buying in Ireland I should really consider renting if you want to move here then if you can cope with the weather and pay for health insurance you might consider staying, Good Luck with whatever you do. I will say having lived in Ireland and the UK I regret the day we ever left the UK.
As I've noticed in the other post (I replied), you are clearly unhappy and just didn't do your research.
As mentioned, the threshold for a medical card was clearly stated on the website and what did you expect? Even in the UK, you need enough funds to pay for your utility bills, so that again has nothing to do with Ireland.

Funny enough, the 100 Germans and few from the UK I'm working with, all manage and are happy to be here.

You are now moaning that it rains. Yes, it did rain this morning in Galway and now it's sunny. It does tend to rain sometimes in the UK & Ireland. You must really live in a bad place if you only had 2 dry days since November LOL.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Zelda247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expats retiring to Ireland

Originally Posted by Moses2013
As I've noticed in the other post (I replied), you are clearly unhappy and just didn't do your research.
As mentioned, the threshold for a medical card was clearly stated on the website and what did you expect? Even in the UK, you need enough funds to pay for your utility bills, so that again has nothing to do with Ireland.

Funny enough, the 100 Germans and few from the UK I'm working with, all manage and are happy to be here.

You are now moaning that it rains. Yes, it did rain this morning in Galway and now it's sunny. It does tend to rain sometimes in the UK & Ireland. You must really live in a bad place if you only had 2 dry days since November LOL.

You are right we did not do enough research that is why I am writing on this forum to ensure people do not make the same mistake as us. If I had read a thread such as those that I have written I would have reconsidered my move to Ireland.

I am delighted all your fiends are happy here best of luck to them. I live in Kerry.