Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Everyone is moving to Ireland?

Everyone is moving to Ireland?

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 4:35 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Everyone is moving to Ireland?

Is there a sale on??
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 10:57 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Everyone is moving to Ireland?

latest figures indicate net immigration is in the negative, which makes you believe you'd not want to get flamed

According to the FT 3-days ago...

"Ireland’s rate of emigration is continuing to increase and at one stage one person was leaving the country to live abroad every six minutes – the highest number since modern records began in the late 1980s...."

Damned if you do - damned if you don't

Likely those in government jobs, fairly secure tenure or retirees in Ireland will likely stay.

The young or unemployed need to emigrate to greener pastures

Expats, UK state pensioners, all other outsiders with money will likely find Ireland cheaper than where they're at, given they'd be the ones that would likely to buy rural cheap housing for cash.

Living in rural Ireland with a house paid for and a minimum guaranteed income of at least €1500 - €2000/mth, one could put their feet up and watch the days go bye.... then again is there a sale on?

Last edited by not2old; Sep 2nd 2013 at 11:01 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 3:31 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
latest figures indicate net immigration is in the negative, which makes you believe you'd not want to get flamed

According to the FT 3-days ago...

"Ireland’s rate of emigration is continuing to increase and at one stage one person was leaving the country to live abroad every six minutes – the highest number since modern records began in the late 1980s...."

Damned if you do - damned if you don't

Likely those in government jobs, fairly secure tenure or retirees in Ireland will likely stay.

The young or unemployed need to emigrate to greener pastures

Expats, UK state pensioners, all other outsiders with money will likely find Ireland cheaper than where they're at, given they'd be the ones that would likely to buy rural cheap housing for cash.

Living in rural Ireland with a house paid for and a minimum guaranteed income of at least €1500 - €2000/mth, one could put their feet up and watch the days go bye.... then again is there a sale on?
Flamed, haa I spit in the eye of these flamers you talk of Mr Faulty.

No, im talking on here. As a long time contributor to the Ireland section with frequent months of tumbleweed blowing down the aisles, its now full of people moving over at the moment.

Just an observation.

And where the hell is the Sir Blarney of Blackrock, The Town Crier of Monkstown?

Michaleen???!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:54 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

well Londonuck your post #3 above, that's about as Irish (or figuring out) what the heck you're on about

So'K I figured it out sort of ... I think
Old Sep 4th 2013, 4:31 am
Éireann go Brách

Originally Posted by not2old
well Londonuck your post #3 above, that's about as Irish (or figuring out) what the heck you're on about

So'K I figured it out sort of ... I think
Don't worry, he'll be along soon.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 12:56 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Don't worry, he'll be along soon.
well its either some place such as Downings in Donegal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downings

or Barra Island in Scotland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barra

http://www.isleofbarra.com/

so many places to choose from - just need to get the best band for my buck
Old Sep 4th 2013, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree there. Know loads of people who are moving to Ireland, including myself. The best time to invest in a country is when it's at the bottom. Loads of young people are leaving Ireland, because they want party, but when you're in your end 20's-30's you realise Ireland has much more to offer now. Property is cheap and salaries higher than in the UK + more business opportunities. England is overpopulated and the middle class is disappearing.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moses2013
I agree there. Know loads of people who are moving to Ireland, including myself. The best time to invest in a country is when it's at the bottom. Loads of young people are leaving Ireland, because they want party, but when you're in your end 20's-30's you realise Ireland has much more to offer now. Property is cheap and salaries higher than in the UK + more business opportunities. England is overpopulated and the middle class is disappearing.
Wow Moses, where do you get your insight?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Experience Honestly, it's just fact, but as said depends what you want from life. Could work at a fast food chain here and afford my mortgage, while back there I'd be struggling to even get one.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Flamed, haa I spit in the eye of these flamers you talk of Mr Faulty.

No, im talking on here. As a long time contributor to the Ireland section with frequent months of tumbleweed blowing down the aisles, its now full of people moving over at the moment.

Just an observation.

And where the hell is the Sir Blarney of Blackrock, The Town Crier of Monkstown?

Michaleen???!
ta-ra!! Not gone anywheres mate, still trying to live the dream but oh dear, you can complain all you like about The Auld Sod, but just try and sell a house in Spain in today's climate. Horrendous. Have to laugh at some of the comments on here re Irish estate agents, you should try the Spanish ones. I have sold and bought six times in the UK prior to moving to Spain and it was a pleasure compared to the runaround you get over here. Been so busy during the summer what with the relatives and hangers-on visiting,got to take them everywhere sight-seeing. Ah well, could be worser as me ould mate Peadar used to say. Keep up the good work keeping this part of the site interesting!!!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:25 pm
Éireann go Brách

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
ta-ra!! Not gone anywheres mate, still trying to live the dream but oh dear, you can complain all you like about The Auld Sod, but just try and sell a house in Spain in today's climate. Horrendous. Have to laugh at some of the comments on here re Irish estate agents, you should try the Spanish ones. I have sold and bought six times in the UK prior to moving to Spain and it was a pleasure compared to the runaround you get over here. Been so busy during the summer what with the relatives and hangers-on visiting,got to take them everywhere sight-seeing. Ah well, could be worser as me ould mate Peadar used to say. Keep up the good work keeping this part of the site interesting!!!

Haa knew you'd eventually get the water mill running and the electrics back on.

Spain had a 0.1% improvement in their GDP I see. You never know bud, they might be queuing round the corner to buy El Casa Monkstown soon!

We used to get a lot of visitors to Vancouver when we first lived here. What do they say about visitors and fish?