DEVASTATING NEWS!!!

Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:01 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DEVERSTATING NEWS!!!

Originally Posted by manders1
Domino... Do you mean in the Republic??
I dont have any complaints about what we pay,we have a 3 bed Housing association house which as i said is way cheaper than a morgage I
was mearly pointing out that we couldnt go for the option suggested as paying 2 lots of bills wouldnt be possible.

That of course and pointing out that not all people that for whatever reason in social housing are SPONGERS a lot of us pay full whack.
well we are renting (privately), the first time ever for both of us, but that is to give us the leeway to find the right house to buy, which will be our last so it has to be right.

the BH moved to Spain 3yrs ago, I followed last year and we had 2 sets of bills for those 2 years. It is hard, but your bank balance improves once you go back together again.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

manders1 is an unknown quantity at this point

umm theres just so much to pay for! nothing is ever easy lol

I think we have a lot more saving to do after we have got every bit of info and advice we can.
We are concerned of course but not put off just yet,after all 'heart wants what the heart wants' and Ireland has always been 'home' since being bought to England as a child.
We just gotta get everything in place before we plough on.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 3:12 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Best of luck, I hope it works out for you.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 3:48 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

EXCUSE ME!!!!! IM no bloody sponger!!!!! I have worked my entire adult life and paid my taxes. I have NEVER claimed ANY benefits EVER!! not even after my divorce,after which myself and my 4 kids were forced into social housing as property prices are so high in London I couldnt afford a morgage and bring up my 4 kids on my own!! To have any quality of life at all for my boys I held down 2 weekday jobs and a cleaning job at the weekend<all possible to a fantastic support network of friends to babysit. I CAN HOLD MY HEAD HIGH and take real exception to your vile comment Cuthbert!! you dont know me so how dare you make a general assumption that anyone that doesnt own their own home is a scrounger??!!!!!! And FYI there are many people in private rented housing that have NEVER done an honest days work in there lives!!!!

I was referring to the council house exchange website.
I find it remarkable that someone living in council accommodation in the UK can simply arrange to swap houses with someone living in similar accommodation in Ireland with both councils approving the exchange.
I'd presumed council housing is meant for needy local people unable to afford to buy their own homes - not for spongers wishing to make a lifestyle change while still expecting someone else to pick up the tab.
Tell me how I'm wrong though.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
I was referring to the council house exchange website.
I find it remarkable that someone living in council accommodation in the UK can simply arrange to swap houses with someone living in similar accommodation in Ireland with both councils approving the exchange.
I'd presumed council housing is meant for needy local people unable to afford to buy their own homes - not for spongers wishing to make a lifestyle change while still expecting someone else to pick up the tab.
Tell me how I'm wrong though.
I also thought that council house accommodation was for the "needy", but obviously not. They have a burger van, and substantial savings. Not to mention horses. They must be knackers.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 5:37 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah its not cheap here either thats why other blokes comments pissed me off so much! we pay for everything, deff not 'Spongers'!
Im starting to think you have a point sadly.
Do you really think its such a bad idea??
You are in 'housing association' rental property, yet you have plenty of savings and could afford to buy a property. Housing association properties are subsidised, so you are getting benefits, even if they are not ones applied for. We have NO savings, and can't get even a sniff of a housing association place, neither can we get on a council list.

This web site might help you.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndC...ants/DG_188555
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

OK ALL OF YOU READ PROPERLY PLEASE BEFORE YOU COMMENT!!!
YES I HAVE A SOCIAL HOSING PROPERTY,THAT I WAS AND AM ENTITLED TOO, AND THAT I HAVE ALWAYS PAID IN FULL FOR AS A GREAT MANY ENGLISH DO, NOT SURE HOW IT WORKS IN IRELAND BUT OVER HERE THIS OPTION IS OPEN TO ANY ONE THAT CANNOT AFFORD TO BUY A HOUSE AND HAS CHILDREN. AFTER MY DIVORCE I COULD NOT AFFORD TO BUT IN LONDON ON MY OWN. I HAVE WORKED VERY VERY HARD FOR THE THINGS I OWN INCLUDING MY HORSES,THE BURGER VAN WAS A SOURCE OF EXTRA INCOME FOR US, ALL DONE ABOVE BOARD. I STILL HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE LIVING IN THIS PROPERTY EVEN THO IVE WORKED HARD TO IMPROVE MY SITUATION I STILL CANNOT PURCHASE A PROPERTY DUE TO THE SITUATION MY EX LEFT ME IN......A TO BR FRANK I DONT SEE WHY I SHOULD JUSTIFY MY LIFE TO ANYBODY. I HAVE MERELY ASKED FOR SOME ADVICE FROM PEOPLE IN 'THE KNOW' NOT TO BE TARGETED!!!!!! I PAY MY WAY, I WORK SO VERY HARD AS DOES MY PARTNER AND WE HAVE BEEN SAVING EVERY PENNY WE CAN TO MOVE OUT THERE......WE ASK FOR NOTHING FROM ANYBODY.......WHAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?????? WOW SO MUCH FOR THE FRIENDLY IRISH I REMEMBER AS A CHILD!!!
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

WE ARE FAR FROM SPONGERS WISHING TO MAKE A LIFE STYLE CHANGE AND AS I SAID WE ASK FOR NOTHING FROM ANYONE. SOME MAY BUT WE DONT!!! NO,WE ARE NOT 'THE KNACKERS' JUST VERY HARD WORKING HONEST PEOPLE. DEBTS THAT MY HUSBAND AT THE TIME LEFT MY WITH LEFT ME UNABLE TO OBTAIN CREDIT LET ALONE A MORGAGE! IT TOOK ME MANY MANY YEARS TO PAY OFF EVERY PENNY BUT IM CAN HOLD MY HEAD HIGH AND SAY I DID IT,SOMETHING A GREAT MANY CANT SAY!!! AND YES THRO SHEAR HARD WORK WE CAN BE COMFORTABLE FOR SOME TIME UNTILL WE CAN GET HONEST WORK! WHY IS THAT SUCH A PROBLEM TO YOU????
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

JUST TO CLARIFY IF YOU HADNT WORKED IT OUT, YES WE HAVE SAVINGS BUT NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH TO BY A PROPERTY IN LONDON!!!!!!! YOU CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA OF PROPERTY PRICES IN THE CAPITAL!
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

JUST TO CLARIFY IF YOU HADNT WORKED IT OUT, YES WE HAVE SAVINGS BUT NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH TO BY A PROPERTY IN LONDON!!!!!!! YOU CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA OF PROPERTY PRICES IN THE CAPITAL!
Do you realise it's considered bad netiquette to post in capitals? It's akin to shouting...and therefore is a sure fire way to get people's backs up.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 14th 2012 at 8:53 pm. Reason: missed out one of these '
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

you think what they were saying didnt get my back up?????? ive worked long and hard for what i have, and ONLY came on here to get info/advice from others that have done what i was hoping to do! NOT to be wrongly judged by people who know nothing about my situation
Old Sep 14th 2012, 9:49 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

OK ALL OF YOU READ PROPERLY PLEASE BEFORE YOU COMMENT!!!
YES I HAVE A SOCIAL HOSING PROPERTY,THAT I WAS AND AM ENTITLED TOO, AND THAT I HAVE ALWAYS PAID IN FULL FOR AS A GREAT MANY ENGLISH DO, NOT SURE HOW IT WORKS IN IRELAND BUT OVER HERE THIS OPTION IS OPEN TO ANY ONE THAT CANNOT AFFORD TO BUY A HOUSE AND HAS CHILDREN. AFTER MY DIVORCE I COULD NOT AFFORD TO BUT IN LONDON ON MY OWN. I HAVE WORKED VERY VERY HARD FOR THE THINGS I OWN INCLUDING MY HORSES,THE BURGER VAN WAS A SOURCE OF EXTRA INCOME FOR US, ALL DONE ABOVE BOARD. I STILL HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE LIVING IN THIS PROPERTY EVEN THO IVE WORKED HARD TO IMPROVE MY SITUATION I STILL CANNOT PURCHASE A PROPERTY DUE TO THE SITUATION MY EX LEFT ME IN......A TO BR FRANK I DONT SEE WHY I SHOULD JUSTIFY MY LIFE TO ANYBODY. I HAVE MERELY ASKED FOR SOME ADVICE FROM PEOPLE IN 'THE KNOW' NOT TO BE TARGETED!!!!!! I PAY MY WAY, I WORK SO VERY HARD AS DOES MY PARTNER AND WE HAVE BEEN SAVING EVERY PENNY WE CAN TO MOVE OUT THERE......WE ASK FOR NOTHING FROM ANYBODY.......WHAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?????? WOW SO MUCH FOR THE FRIENDLY IRISH I REMEMBER AS A CHILD!!!

Stall the digger there for a moment and relax with the capital letters.
No one is having a go at you personally.
But you need to understand one thing - Ireland is in the biggest shitehole it has ever been in.
A burger van is not a viable business plan - there isn't a street in Ireland that doesn't have a fast food dining option within less than 30 seconds from anyone's front door.
And there is a fierce whiff off the camp-fire in this thread.
I'm just saying.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 7:55 am
Account Closed

I'll tell you how bad it is here. You can buy a small 2 bed cottage on a half acre for €30,000 in Roscommon.

I've no idea how much properties are in London now but I bought a 2 bed flat in Addiscombe, Croydon, 1999 for £54,000 and sold it in 2005 for £123,000. It never cost me a penny as I rented it out. If a simple soul like me can do things like this so can you.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 7:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
Stall the digger there for a moment and relax with the capital letters.
No one is having a go at you personally.
But you need to understand one thing - Ireland is in the biggest shitehole it has ever been in.
A burger van is not a viable business plan - there isn't a street in Ireland that doesn't have a fast food dining option within less than 30 seconds from anyone's front door.
And there is a fierce whiff off the camp-fire in this thread.
I'm just saying.
The smoke is beginning to burn my eyes.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 11:37 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

umm theres just so much to pay for! nothing is ever easy lol

I think we have a lot more saving to do after we have got every bit of info and advice we can.
We are concerned of course but not put off just yet,after all 'heart wants what the heart wants' and Ireland has always been 'home' since being bought to England as a child.
We just gotta get everything in place before we plough on.
I hope you meant "brought" - child trafficing is illegal nowadays..

Yes, go for it when the time is right - but better to have tried and failed (although success would be better) rather than be sitting in the kitchen in 20-30 years time wishing you had done it, blaming everyone else instead of yourself. It doesnt matter where you go to, just do it. There are always new friends and acquantances around the corner.

kr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.