Reload this Page >

Considering moving to Ireland

Considering moving to Ireland

Old Oct 22nd 2016, 11:22 am
Just Joined

DainealSeamas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Considering moving to Ireland

Hi,

I am seriously considering moving to Ireland (Dublin) to live and work. I am an Irish citizen by birth, with dual nationality (Irish/British) so I'm guessing that would make applying for jobs, renting a flat, opening a bank account and registering with a GP much easier than if I weren't an Irish citizen let alone a non-EU one. But I spent the majority of my life in Britain (first half of my life in Scotland and now currently in London). So, I have only a general idea of what moving abroad involves. Can anyone please enlighten me as to exactly how to go about it and what will I expect? I would be moving alone, by the way.

I realise Ireland has a mainly IT economy so I guess IT jobs are plenty or is competition high? What about finances? I'm an experienced accountant (10 years) in hospitality (hotels), so would appreciate advice as to the situation with finance or accountancy jobs in Ireland.

Many, many thanks!
Old Oct 24th 2016, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering moving to Ireland

Originally Posted by DainealSeamas
Hi,

I am seriously considering moving to Ireland (Dublin) to live and work. I am an Irish citizen by birth, with dual nationality (Irish/British) so I'm guessing that would make applying for jobs, renting a flat, opening a bank account and registering with a GP much easier than if I weren't an Irish citizen let alone a non-EU one. But I spent the majority of my life in Britain (first half of my life in Scotland and now currently in London). So, I have only a general idea of what moving abroad involves. Can anyone please enlighten me as to exactly how to go about it and what will I expect? I would be moving alone, by the way.

I realise Ireland has a mainly IT economy so I guess IT jobs are plenty or is competition high? What about finances? I'm an experienced accountant (10 years) in hospitality (hotels), so would appreciate advice as to the situation with finance or accountancy jobs in Ireland.

Many, many thanks!

I always say moving from the UK to Ireland is probably the easiest move abroad. Your main focus should be getting a job first and then take it from there. See what the salary can offer you in that area etc. and ask yourself what you really want. The job market is pretty good at the moment (in the right areas) and there are may opportunities for someone willing to work who has decent qualifications. Have a look on irishjobs.ie and you'll find plenty of Accounting Jobs. If you are moving to a city you have the same challenges when it comes to housing and it can often be hard to find a place to rent.