Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Old Oct 11th 2013, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Katy87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

The father dosent have any contact for personal reasons the courts agree. I hope it works to thanks.

Originally Posted by dmu
Sorry, but in another unconnected thread, you announced that your son's father was from Crewe. Of course your personal life is nothing to do with us, but you have been asking advice on several different country forums, giving little snippets of info on each. Anyone interested would have to read your posts on all the forums to get a better idea of your situation.
Mikelincs is right to advise you to take your son's birth certificate wherever you move to (you'll need it to register him in school, for a start and for healthcare coverage) and if in fact the father has any legal tie with your son, you may have to get his permission for him to live abroad with you. Something else to check on....
Your situation is complex and unusual, and I wish you all the best in your endeavour to make your dream come true.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 6:27 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katy87
Hi I need to move to ireland so my partner from china can get eu citizen rights. I have a 7 year old son. What would be a good place to move with lots of jobs? But the rents not to high. It can be any job cleaning etc. I haven't worked for a couple of years been a single parent until this year was difficult.
Hi, getting back to your first Ireland post, which doesn't mention the fact that you are in a same-sex Civil Union. There are several more important factors to take into account, even if a country such as Malta does decide to accept such Unions:
From what I've read on the BE forum, most UK benefits are NOT transferable to the EU. You should check on this...
If you haven't been working, you haven't been contributing to the NI, in which case you won't be eligible for healthcare coverage in the EU, and, unless you found a legal salaried job, you'd have to take out private healthcare insurance for you and your son (and your Partner). Check on the cost of this to add to your budget....
It will be difficult to find rented accommodation if you haven't got payslips to prove that you can pay the rent....
From another thread it sounds as though your son has special needs, probably involving starting in first year Primary in your chosen foreign country and taking extra tuition, with all that that implies....
You are concentrating too much on finding a country where your Partner can join you, and not thinking about the practical aspects of such an upheaval for you and your son, i.e. ensuring a regular income to cover your needs and adequate healthcare insurance. This is what I meant when speaking about your son's welfare....
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

We are saving money so we can afford things before getting a job. We only have to work in ireland for 3 months before we can both come back to the uk. I have worked in care before and have qualifications in health and social care. My son might have a bit of ADHD but he's fine. Ate quality of life will be much better when my partner can live with is full time probably in the uk. Unless we stay in ireland. Maltas not really an option from what I found out.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Also I didn't need to mention I am in a civil partnership in my first post. All I wanted was to know good places to move to in ireland with resanoble rent and a possibility of a job
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:17 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

We are saving money so we can afford things before getting a job. We only have to work in ireland for 3 months before we can both come back to the uk. I have worked in care before and have qualifications in health and social care. My son might have a bit of ADHD but he's fine. Ate quality of life will be much better when my partner can live with is full time probably in the uk. Unless we stay in ireland. Maltas not really an option from what I found out.
aaah, our guess has been confirmed, you are doing the Surinder Singh route! You should have acknowledged this earlier on, 3 months in a EU country isn't the same as moving there permanently and the advice given in the latter case is inapplicable....
Good luck!
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

I didn't think it was needed all I wanted was advice on housing and getting a job. Thanks.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:29 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Also I didn't need to mention I am in a civil partnership in my first post. All I wanted was to know good places to move to in ireland with resanoble rent and a possibility of a job
My bad, but you did say partner in China getting EU citizen's rights, and in your Malta thread you stated your situation from the start....
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

If an Irish citizen wanted to bring there non eu partner to live with them would they have to move to another eu country? Because of strict financial requirements
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

If an Irish citizen wanted to bring there non eu partner to live with them would they have to move to another eu country? Because of strict financial requirements
I think the financial requirements are much less in Ireland, probably because they aren't a country that attracts large numbers of immigrants.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

That's interesting maybe I should apply for an Irish passport and have dual citizenship. My mother and grandfather have Irish passports. My father has a new zeland passport but I think it is nearly impossible to move to new zeland.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:48 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting maybe I should apply for an Irish passport and have dual citizenship. My mother and grandfather have Irish passports. My father has a new zeland passport but I think it is nearly impossible to move to new zeland.
You can't lose anything by that.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:58 am
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

I really don't know how you manage to sleep at night with all these schemes and permutations of schemes. Would it not be easier just to move to China? Surely there must be more opportunities for employment and cheap rent in China?
Old Oct 12th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

No job opportunities and rent is very expensive in china and pay is little. For a month my partner earns £200. Also everything is expensive in china and the pay is little.
Also you have to pay or schooling usually and m son couldn't understand manderin.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 3:11 pm
To the point.

goosegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sickntired
I really don't know how you manage to sleep at night with all these schemes and permutations of schemes.
Call me stupid, but I lost the plot at page one with all the ins & outs of it.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 4:09 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goosegirl
Call me stupid, but I lost the plot at page one with all the ins & outs of it.

you did not lose the plot ... come on now

OP wants to exercise the EEA family permit for her & her partner, doing so she wants to find a country within the EU (Ireland being one of them) where she can hopefully find inexpensive accommodation & a job that will at least pay the bills till 3-6 month passes then can get stamp 4 in the passports so her non EU partner & she can move to the UK without having to put up ~62,500GBP or prove an income requirement of ~16,500GBP or so per year.

The OP's question after reading most all her posts is not that complicated as many others are trying to do the same thing in scurrying around the stupid bloody UKBA requirements (AKA the Surinder Singh route). From the UK mainland - Ireland seems to be the best option for those going done the EEA family permit/visa route, only that no jobs, no cheap accommodation & the lack of friendly support & advice from those living in Ireland

There, done & said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.