Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Katy87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Hi I need to move to ireland so my partner from china can get eu citizen rights. I have a 7 year old son. What would be a good place to move with lots of jobs? But the rents not to high. It can be any job cleaning etc. I haven't worked for a couple of years been a single parent until this year was difficult.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Swim4good is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Originally Posted by Katy87
Hi I need to move to ireland so my partner from china can get eu citizen rights. I have a 7 year old son. What would be a good place to move with lots of jobs? But the rents not to high. It can be any job cleaning etc. I haven't worked for a couple of years been a single parent until this year was difficult.
I Katy87............now I'm no expert as I am myself only just moving to Ireland at the end of this year BUT...............even I can tell you that Ireland is not the place to move to if you want to find a place with lots of jobs! If you read through all the other posts you'll understand! I also think that you need to be moving to Ireland for the love of the country, the people, the culture, the history, the landscape rather than just because your partner needs to obtain eu citizen rights. I would prepare yourself for some more "to the point" replies to your posting if I were you. Whatever you decide - good luck with it all.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:55 am
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

You've more chance of flying a kite on the moon than getting cheap rent and plentiful jobs. A cleaning job will pay €8.65 per hour gross, if you can get one. A two bed apartment in Dublin will gobble all that up and more.

Hope you're not planning on getting the red carpet treatment from the Department Social Protection because that's not going to happen either.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

I have to work to excercise my treaty rights of Fred movement within th URL and my partner wants to work. We are going to move to letterkenny
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

*free *eu
Old Oct 9th 2013, 8:56 am
Just Joined

london2cork is an unknown quantity at this point

What would be a good place to move with lots of jobs? But the rents not to high.
China?
Old Oct 9th 2013, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

No not china
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:28 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Katy it'll be a tough go finding work. search in the links below & filter to get an idea of whats available. Good luck with it

http://ie.indeed.com/jobs-in-Letterk...County-Donegal

http://www.jobisjob.ie/letterkenny/jobs/l

http://www.greataupair.com/Nanny_Job...etterkenny.htm

for rentals

http://www.daft.ie/donegal/houses_to_rent/letterkenny/

http://www.myhome.ie/rentals/donegal...in-letterkenny

http://www.let.ie/property-to-rent/donegal/Letterkenny/
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks I will do any work has care experience. My partner will do anything to. Hopefully we could find a house before whetting a job we are saving rent and living costs for a few months. We would need a home before moving really.
Don't know why people are negative about us moving to ireland loads or Irish in England.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 4:13 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I will do any work has care experience. My partner will do anything to. Hopefully we could find a house before whetting a job we are saving rent and living costs for a few months. We would need a home before moving really.
Don't know why people are negative about us moving to ireland loads or Irish in England.
I have sent you a PM
Old Oct 9th 2013, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

brum1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive just come back to england after on couple short months tryin to live in Ireland .. theres no way to survive work is basically nill trying to claim welfare is like trying to buy rocking horse shite .. me and my family had no choice but to return back to england . if i had a good 20k behind me then maybe i culd get setup out there a bit more comfortable but otherwise there wasnt no chance
Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:15 am
To the point.

goosegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sickntired
You've more chance of flying a kite on the moon than getting cheap rent and plentiful jobs. A cleaning job will pay €8.65 per hour gross, if you can get one. A two bed apartment in Dublin will gobble all that up and more.

Hope you're not planning on getting the red carpet treatment from the Department Social Protection because that's not going to happen either.

Try the UK Katy, you'll get loads of help from the social or DSS over there.

They usually employ foreign nationals to do jobs like care work and cleaning now for the basic minimum wage. I wonder why? Come to England (and Ireland for that matter but Ireland pays more per hr!) , the land of the free & plenty. Hang on a minute, have we shut the door yet??
Old Oct 10th 2013, 7:44 am
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

You'd be best to come here as asylum seekers, you'll get B&B and a few bob to spend. If you make up a convincing story you'll get dole money and a house at the end of a lengthy process.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

That wouldn't be possible
Old Oct 10th 2013, 8:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brum1988
ive just come back to england after on couple short months tryin to live in Ireland .. theres no way to survive work is basically nill trying to claim welfare is like trying to buy rocking horse shite .. me and my family had no choice but to return back to england . if i had a good 20k behind me then maybe i culd get setup out there a bit more comfortable but otherwise there wasnt no chance
Got your death threat sorted out then have you?.. that was why you wanted to move in the first place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.