Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

CARPENTRY INFO IN DUBLIN/WICKLOW AREA HELP?

CARPENTRY INFO IN DUBLIN/WICKLOW AREA HELP?

Old Jan 13th 2016, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

ollihardy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile CARPENTRY INFO IN DUBLIN/WICKLOW AREA HELP?

Hi,

We are thinking of relocating from Coventry to Ireland in the near future. I am originally from Co. Wicklow and we would be ideally looking for somewhere south of dublin to live,

My husband is a carpenter and Site Manager and we are hoping to get some advice or info on who he could talk to about the industry over there in Dublin/Wicklow areas, would anyone here know of anyone we could contact so he could have a chat about where to apply, what he needs to do? We know he would need to swap his CSCS for a safe pass, which we are already sorted on but would love some help from anyone who has made the move themselves and any advice you could give?

Thanks a million, x
Old Jan 13th 2016, 12:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CARPENTRY INFO IN DUBLIN/WICKLOW AREA HELP?

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi,

We are thinking of relocating from Coventry to Ireland in the near future. I am originally from Co. Wicklow and we would be ideally looking for somewhere south of dublin to live,

My husband is a carpenter and Site Manager and we are hoping to get some advice or info on who he could talk to about the industry over there in Dublin/Wicklow areas, would anyone here know of anyone we could contact so he could have a chat about where to apply, what he needs to do? We know he would need to swap his CSCS for a safe pass, which we are already sorted on but would love some help from anyone who has made the move themselves and any advice you could give?

Thanks a million, x
Hi there, welcome to BE.

Please contact Site Admin asap for a username change - as per Site Rule 11, you can't use an email address as your username. This is for your own sake, as BE is a public forum so you really don't want your email address to be picked up by every spambot and weirdo out there!

Use the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of the page and let them know what name you'd like it changed to.

Thx and good luck with your move.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ollihardy7
Hi, We are thinking of relocating from Coventry to Ireland in the near future. I am originally from Co. Wicklow and we would be ideally looking for somewhere south of dublin to live, My husband is a carpenter and Site Manager and we are hoping to get some advice or info on who he could talk to about the industry over there in Dublin/Wicklow areas, would anyone here know of anyone we could contact so he could have a chat about where to apply, what he needs to do? We know he would need to swap his CSCS for a safe pass, which we are already sorted on but would love some help from anyone who has made the move themselves and any advice you could give? Thanks a million, x
Not on that side of the country, but a quick Google and I found the following:
Carpenters / Finishing Joiner Dublin Empire Recruitment - Construction Jobs Ireland
It would probably be best to contact agencies. It really depends how far South from Dublin you'll be. Bray looks like a nice place and easy to get to Dublin.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Not on that side of the country, but a quick Google and I found the following:
Carpenters / Finishing Joiner Dublin Empire Recruitment - Construction Jobs Ireland
It would probably be best to contact agencies. It really depends how far South from Dublin you'll be. Bray looks like a nice place and easy to get to Dublin.
Thanks a million for that, will have a look and try and ring around a few agencies.
Bray is lovely, I am from Kilcoole which is about 15 minutes from bray, Travelling is not too bad into Dublin from there at all.
Thanks again, have a great day
Old Jan 14th 2016, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a million for that, will have a look and try and ring around a few agencies. Bray is lovely, I am from Kilcoole which is about 15 minutes from bray, Travelling is not too bad into Dublin from there at all.Thanks again, have a great day
No worries. I'm on the other side near Galway, but that side is lovely too.You have everything in that area really, be it beaches, nice walks, Wicklow mountains. Also planning a visit to Powerscourt House, I've actually never been.

Bray certainly has a good rail connection to Dublin, but M50 traffic is mad these days. They say it's 30pc above boom time levels, so they need a plan if the area keeps growing. Travel has got a lot better though and since the motorway was built between Galway and Dublin, it's so easy to travel by car. It only takes us 2 hours from Galway to get to a good shopping centre in Dublin, so it's always a good Saturday destination.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Galway is beautiful, great place to live i would imagine, but with all of my family living on the east coast it would be more ideal for us to go there so we would have people around for us and our children. House prices are expensive but with the sterling-euro exchange rate at the minute I think we would do a lot better moving soon rather than later if it goes down again!
Is that dundrum shopping centre you go to? We spend a lot of time there when we are over lol!
Old Jan 19th 2016, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Galway is beautiful, great place to live i would imagine, but with all of my family living on the east coast it would be more ideal for us to go there so we would have people around for us and our children. House prices are expensive but with the sterling-euro exchange rate at the minute I think we would do a lot better moving soon rather than later if it goes down again! Is that dundrum shopping centre you go to? We spend a lot of time there when we are over lol!
It really is a great place to live and Connemara is always worth a visit. We're only 20 mins from Galway City and housing was, or is still very affordable, especially compared to the UK. Plenty going on here and has certainly improved a lot over the years, including jobs. Galway has so much potential, but sometimes everything takes a bit longer, which can be frustrating and people don't realise what they have.

The East Coast is a bit ahead when it comes to planning, especially cycling tracks and being close to Dublin just makes housing pricier, because the area is more developed. As you say and I've mentioned it in other threads, exchange rate is a big bonus, so a move now would certainly make sense if you can secure employment. Yep, Dundrum shopping centre it is.