Carbon Tax Increase

Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:06 am
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carbon Tax Increase

As of 1st of May 2014 there is an increase of €20 per tonne on coal due to the governments Carbon Tax hike. Yes there was a €10 per tonne increase last year. The price of a 40kg bag of coal is now expected to rise around €2. So a bag of Ecobrite will be around €20. This low tax economy is great.

Got my credit card statement, and the government has had their hand in my pocket again - €35 stamp duty for the pleasure of having a credit card, and €5 for having a bank ATM card.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

taragreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Carbon Tax Increase

€25 for the pleasure of opening a business account, where I get to bank my meagre profits from my plant stall, set up a few months back as I left the part time job at Tesco as they reduced my hours to THREE 2 HOUR shifts over 5 days, and not at regular times, only two days notice of when those times would be - It used to take me an hour and fifteen to get there on the bus and 2km walk... Had only banked €17 so will probably get a few charges too. On the upside, bought a book in a charity shop today, it had an old 20 punt note in it.
Had a good day today with my herbs at the market - safe to say future profits are getting stuffed in the mattress. Or books. Water meters coming soon too...
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sickntired
As of 1st of May 2014 there is an increase of €20 per tonne on coal due to the governments Carbon Tax hike. Yes there was a €10 per tonne increase last year. The price of a 40kg bag of coal is now expected to rise around €2. So a bag of Ecobrite will be around €20. This low tax economy is great.

Got my credit card statement, and the government has had their hand in my pocket again - €35 stamp duty for the pleasure of having a credit card, and €5 for having a bank ATM card.
I would change bank then and to be honest coal is very bad.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Moses2013
I would change bank then and to be honest coal is very bad.
Stamp duty of €30 not as I said €35 on credit cards is a government stamp duty and applies to all banks. Same with €5 for ATM cards.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sickntired
Stamp duty of €30 not as I said €35 on credit cards is a government stamp duty and applies to all banks. Same with €5 for ATM cards.
The annual stamp duty for these cards is as follows:

•ATM card: €2.50
•Debit (Laser) card: €2.50
•Combined ATM and laser card: €5
The duty is applied to each card, rather than each account. It does not apply to a replacement for a lost card.

The duty is charged each year for cards held on December 31. This means, if you close your account before 31 December in a year you will not be charged stamp duty because duty is collected on cards which are valid on 31 December each year. There are a number of exemptions:

•If you have not used your card during the year then it is not liable for stamp duty. This applies even if you use the card to request a chequebook, a balance statement, or to establish your identity or account number. There is no charge if the card is issued on a deposit account which has an average balance of less than €12.70.
•There is no duty payable where the cardholder has died during the accounting period.
•You are not liable to stamp duty if your billing address is outside the State.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Moses2013
The annual stamp duty for these cards is as follows:

•ATM card: €2.50
•Debit (Laser) card: €2.50
•Combined ATM and laser card: €5
The duty is applied to each card, rather than each account. It does not apply to a replacement for a lost card.

The duty is charged each year for cards held on December 31. This means, if you close your account before 31 December in a year you will not be charged stamp duty because duty is collected on cards which are valid on 31 December each year. There are a number of exemptions:

•If you have not used your card during the year then it is not liable for stamp duty. This applies even if you use the card to request a chequebook, a balance statement, or to establish your identity or account number. There is no charge if the card is issued on a deposit account which has an average balance of less than €12.70.
•There is no duty payable where the cardholder has died during the accounting period.
•You are not liable to stamp duty if your billing address is outside the State.

Section B: Credit Cards/Charge Cards

How much is the duty?
€30 per year per credit card account
€30 per year per charge card
When is the stamp duty collected?
Stamp duty is generally collected on 1 April, in arrears unless the account is closed during the year. The tax year for credit cards runs from 2 April to the following 1 April. This means that the stamp duty charge usually appears on credit/charge card statements in April.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/stamp-d...ial-cards.html