Advice please

Old Sep 19th 2016, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

CuddlyCaera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice please

Hi

We are moving to the Bantry area, found a house and paid the booking fee. The rest of the balance will be paid upon the sale of our house in the UK. We haven't found a buyer yet but (fingers crossed) we have a potential cash buyer who is eager to see the house coming next Monday. We had a solicitors recommended to us and have been quoted just under €6000 in fees, does that sound about right?
Also, as we haven't found a buyer yet is it still worth getting the solicitor with the searches etc now or should we wait? One of my friends said it's best to get the ball rolling asap as it can be quite slow.
Lastly, I'm an Irish citizen through my mum and have an Irish passport but my hubby is english. Does he have to register or do anything before we move over.
Thanks so much for your time & apologies if you've answered these questions a million times
Old Sep 20th 2016, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

deadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond reputedeadshoppingmalls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please

I'm an Irish citizen through my mum and have an Irish passport but my hubby is english. Does he have to register or do anything before we move over.
Nope - British passport holders are equal to Irish citizens in the eyes of the law, so no need to register for anything outside of getting a PPS number. One side benefit of being a brit in Ireland allows you to vote in general elections (for the irish equivilant of your MP). He will not be able to vote in Presidential or referenda.

A great resource is the citizens advise portal

Residence rights of UK citizens
Old Sep 21st 2016, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

mrhappygolucky will become famous soon enoughmrhappygolucky will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CuddlyCaera
Hi

We are moving to the Bantry area, found a house and paid the booking fee. The rest of the balance will be paid upon the sale of our house in the UK. We haven't found a buyer yet but (fingers crossed) we have a potential cash buyer who is eager to see the house coming next Monday. We had a solicitors recommended to us and have been quoted just under €6000 in fees, does that sound about right?
Also, as we haven't found a buyer yet is it still worth getting the solicitor with the searches etc now or should we wait? One of my friends said it's best to get the ball rolling asap as it can be quite slow.
Lastly, I'm an Irish citizen through my mum and have an Irish passport but my hubby is english. Does he have to register or do anything before we move over.
Thanks so much for your time & apologies if you've answered these questions a million times

They are trying to rip you off as per usual. Solicitors and auctioneers are robbers and thieves without the mask.

Legal Fees and Charges When Buying a House in Ireland - Money Guide Ireland
Old Oct 6th 2016, 5:28 pm
Banned

EndaKenny is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Apply for PPS numbers at your local dole office.
2. Sign on the dole.
3. Open an Irish bank account.
4. Change your UK driving licences to Irish driving licences.
5. Register with your local Doctor's surgery.
6. Register with your local Dentist surgery.
7. 2 years later you will pass the HRC test and be eligible to claim dole.
8. Enjoy your retirement on the dole.
9. Sit in your crying chair and weep into your mug of Barry's tea.
10. Think about what might have been, and life's regrets.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

CuddlyCaera is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks deadshoppingmalls & mrhappygolucky for those links, they were very helpful.

EndaKenny, your reply has been most enlightening....look forward to drowning my sorrows in pints of Barry's tea
Old Oct 7th 2016, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CuddlyCaera
Thanks deadshoppingmalls & mrhappygolucky for those links, they were very helpful.

EndaKenny, your reply has been most enlightening....look forward to drowning my sorrows in pints of Barry's tea
True, could have been a lot worse with Tetley. EndaKenny is just another moaner and my advise to him would be there's a boat in the morning. I'm sure the dole office would even be happy to pay him a flight back to the UK. I still don't understand why people stay here if a flight to the UK will cost €30.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 10:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Moses2013
True, could have been a lot worse with Tetley. EndaKenny is just another moaner and my advise to him would be there's a boat in the morning. I'm sure the dole office would even be happy to pay him a flight back to the UK. I still don't understand why people stay here if a flight to the UK will cost €30.
You don't understand why people stay here?
I was born in Ireland, this is my country.
That is why.
People don't want to go back to the UK as its worse than Ireland. Many of us left the UK for that very reason. Ireland has less EE immigrants than the UK.
But what do I know? I am just another moaner right? You know best.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EndaKenny
You don't understand why people stay here?
I was born in Ireland, this is my country.
That is why.
People don't want to go back to the UK as its worse than Ireland. Many of us left the UK for that very reason. Ireland has less EE immigrants than the UK.
But what do I know? I am just another moaner right? You know best.
Then what is your point? Just immigrants? If you were born in Ireland why were you in the UK?
Old Oct 7th 2016, 11:19 am
Banned

Then what is your point? Just immigrants? If you were born in Ireland why were you in the UK?
Read my original post. You will get the point. Obviously you missed it the first time round.
Why was I in the UK? Well you know, this thing called work. Why many Irish emigrated to the UK. It says a lot about you that I need to explain that; you know, explain the obvious. But I can see a pattern here with you.
Next you will be asking me; is water wet? Why is it wet?
I left Ireland for work, then came back. Like many. I got fed up of all the EE workers flooding the labour market and cutting the pay rates down.
Now I am back in Ireland the same thing is happening here.
That's just the way it goes really, the Irish used to be the cheap labour in the UK, and now the EE's are the cheap labour in the UK and Ireland.
People move around and emigrate for work.
Get the point now? Or are you still missing it?
Its a rhetorical question by the way, so no need to reply. You may need to Google rhetorical.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EndaKenny
Read my original post. You will get the point. Obviously you missed it the first time round.
Why was I in the UK? Well you know, this thing called work. Why many Irish emigrated to the UK. It says a lot about you that I need to explain that; you know, explain the obvious. But I can see a pattern here with you.
Next you will be asking me; is water wet? Why is it wet?
I left Ireland for work, then came back. Like many. I got fed up of all the EE workers flooding the labour market and cutting the pay rates down.
Now I am back in Ireland the same thing is happening here.
That's just the way it goes really, the Irish used to be the cheap labour in the UK, and now the EE's are the cheap labour in the UK and Ireland.
People move around and emigrate for work.
Get the point now? Or are you still missing it?
Its a rhetorical question by the way, so no need to reply. You may need to Google rhetorical.

Nope don't get it, so I must be a stupid foreigner. You seem to moan and feel sorry for yourself. Rather than moaning about immigrants, why don't you start your own business, or move to a place where there are no EE's. I've heard there are some islands off the coast that are looking for workers and apart from tourists, 100% of the population are Irish. Maybe you could open up a Polish shop there, before someone else does.

Last edited by Moses2013; Oct 7th 2016 at 11:43 am.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 11:47 am
Banned

Nope don't get it, so I must be a stupid foreigner. You seem to moan and feel sorry for yourself. Rather than moaning about immigrants, why don't you start your own business, or move to a place where there are no EE's. I've heard there are some islands off the coast that are looking for workers and apart from tourists, 100% of the population are Irish. Maybe you could open up a Polish shop there, before someone else does.
Cool story bro.