British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Silk Paint supplier in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/silk-paint-supplier-dubai-601587/)

Awineor2 Apr 3rd 2009 11:43 am

Silk Paint supplier in Dubai

Hi

I am visiting DXB this week from Muscat, can anyone please tell me if there is a silk painting supplier in DXB as I am looking for paints and brushes. I normally get mine from abroad as the supplier in Muscat is not very good. If you do know of anywhere I would really appreciate knowing location and phone number (If poss.) as I do not know DXB very well.

Thanks, any info is much appreciated. :)

Blue Cat Apr 3rd 2009 3:03 pm

Re: Silk Paint supplier in Dubai

you can get Dulux at ID Design in Mall of the Emirates, where will you be staying as there is a good shop in Satwa as well.

Awineor2 Apr 3rd 2009 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7448404)
you can get Dulux at ID Design in Mall of the Emirates, where will you be staying as there is a good shop in Satwa as well.

Hi Blue Cat

Thanks so much for the response. I am actually looking for an arts and crafts type of shop as I paint on silk and need the special paints, much like acrylic, oil or ceramic paints that artist use. We are staying at the Golden Sands complex. Thanks for your help.

Blue Cat Apr 4th 2009 5:35 am

there is an arts supply shop right next to the Theatre at Mall of the Emirates, try there.

Madam Medusa Apr 4th 2009 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Awineor2 (Post 7448754)
Hi Blue Cat

Thanks so much for the response. I am actually looking for an arts and crafts type of shop as I paint on silk and need the special paints, much like acrylic, oil or ceramic paints that artist use. We are staying at the Golden Sands complex. Thanks for your help.

elves and fairies in jumeirah centre sells this type of stuff, call them on 3449485 to see whether they have what you're looking for...

MM, xx

Slingshot Apr 6th 2009 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Awineor2 (Post 7447929)
Hi

I am visiting DXB this week from Muscat, can anyone please tell me if there is a silk painting supplier in DXB as I am looking for paints and brushes. I normally get mine from abroad as the supplier in Muscat is not very good. If you do know of anywhere I would really appreciate knowing location and phone number (If poss.) as I do not know DXB very well.

Thanks, any info is much appreciated. :)

I get my art supplies from Dubai International Art Centre
they are off the beach road

www.artdubai.com - villa No 27, street 75b, near Town Centre, Jumeirah Beach Road
tel +971-4-3444398