British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Flying on Friday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/flying-friday-756004/)

suzanne7575 Apr 24th 2012 6:05 am

Flying on Friday

Hi all

Not sure if anyone will remember me, not been on here a while, but we have been busy busy sorting everything out and we are headed out to Townsville on Friday to start our new life down under

Quite frankly I am crapping myself, has been a very hard couple of weeks since I finished work, lots of emotions, lots of wobbles over what on earth are we doing, but all furniture sold, P45 received, bags packed and we are now strapped onto the rollercoaster.

Looking forward to our adventure of everything new, new job, new house, new friends

Bernieboy Apr 24th 2012 7:54 am

Re: Flying on Friday

Originally Posted by suzanne7575 (Post 10022296)
Hi all

Not sure if anyone will remember me, not been on here a while, but we have been busy busy sorting everything out and we are headed out to Townsville on Friday to start our new life down under

Quite frankly I am crapping myself, has been a very hard couple of weeks since I finished work, lots of emotions, lots of wobbles over what on earth are we doing, but all furniture sold, P45 received, bags packed and we are now strapped onto the rollercoaster.

Looking forward to our adventure of everything new, new job, new house, new friends

I wish you all the very best of luck,big deep breath n go for it:thumbsup:

LINZI Apr 24th 2012 8:48 am

Good Luck and enjoy it :fingerscrossed::thumbup:

Penny45 Apr 24th 2012 8:58 am

Good luck with the trip - buy as many spirits as you're allowed from duty free - very expensive here and will get your booze cupboard started :-)

Family of 3 Apr 24th 2012 9:17 am

Good luck. Take a deep breath and soon it'll all be over......

irishbloo Apr 24th 2012 10:14 am

All the best for your new life down under.Now,breathe.:thumbsup:

kendalanita Apr 24th 2012 10:37 am

Oh god I remember it well - good luck!!!!!

eddie007 Apr 24th 2012 1:44 pm

All coming back in glorious technicolour here too.....

Enjoy the flight... Its the last time you'll sit down for quite some time....

I think people underestimate how much there is "to do" on arrival.... Just thinking about it all makes my head spin...

kerriesait Apr 24th 2012 1:48 pm

Good luck I hope that everything goes well

:)

carolinephillips Apr 24th 2012 10:31 pm

Have a smooth flight, a safe landing and a happy time here.:thumbup:

moneypenny20 Apr 25th 2012 2:11 am

Do not let anyone see you off at the airport. No matter how much they want to, do not let it happen.

irishbloo Apr 25th 2012 2:16 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10023804)
Do not let anyone see you off at the airport. No matter how much they want to, do not let it happen.

Don't even let the taxi driver bring you in to the terminal.From the drive to your house till the airport you will have developed an emotional attachment to him and will end up bawling your eyes out handing him the money.:D:D

moneypenny20 Apr 25th 2012 3:37 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 10023810)
Don't even let the taxi driver bring you in to the terminal.From the drive to your house till the airport you will have developed an emotional attachment to him and will end up bawling your eyes out handing him the money.:D:D

:lol: Oh make sure you get the stroppiest cow at the checkin desk ;)

John Mc Apr 25th 2012 10:13 am

Good luck with it Suzanne, we won't be far behind. We're hoping to fly to Perth on the 25th May. My wife's Mum and Dad are insisting on taking us to the Airport when we leave, it's going to be very emotional. She's already emotional about the whole thing lol.

abi31 Apr 25th 2012 7:45 pm

oooh exciting adventure good luck and keep us informed of what goes on x