British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Is the Option C printout the same as the tax assessment you get from Revenue Canada? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/option-c-printout-same-tax-assessment-you-get-revenue-canada-372458/)

antifuse May 9th 2006 1:45 pm

Is the Option C printout the same as the tax assessment you get from Revenue Canada?

So, I'm slowly but surely collecting all the docs required for sponsoring my girlfriend as a conjugal partner (are they ever going to regret asking for proof of the relationship - 9 months of living-apart emails and phone records == GIANT STACKS OF PAPER) - long story short, one of the last things I need is the option C printout of the last tax year's assessment. My 2005 assessment just arrived at my mom's place (it's my Canadian mailing address) - is that printout the same as an option C printout? Or is the Option C entirely different? I tried searching the forums but it failed, so apologies if this has already been asked.

Thanks!

Andrew Miller May 9th 2006 2:58 pm

Re: Is the Option C printout the same as the tax assessment you get from Revenue Canada?

It is different from assessment notice. You must request it from Revenue Canada office.

Originally Posted by antifuse
So, I'm slowly but surely collecting all the docs required for sponsoring my girlfriend as a conjugal partner (are they ever going to regret asking for proof of the relationship - 9 months of living-apart emails and phone records == GIANT STACKS OF PAPER) - long story short, one of the last things I need is the option C printout of the last tax year's assessment. My 2005 assessment just arrived at my mom's place (it's my Canadian mailing address) - is that printout the same as an option C printout? Or is the Option C entirely different? I tried searching the forums but it failed, so apologies if this has already been asked.

Thanks!

antifuse May 9th 2006 3:09 pm

Re: Is the Option C printout the same as the tax assessment you get from Revenue Cana

Dangit. One more thing to wait for. Thanks, though!

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is different from assessment notice. You must request it from Revenue Canada office.

vietcan May 9th 2006 5:15 pm

Re: Is the Option C printout the same as the tax assessment you get from Revenue Cana

Mr. Miller is the expert on this board, so I’m not at all saying he is wrong; however, we were unable to submit the Option C form as I (sponsor) was outside Canada. I used my tax assessment and I was approved for sponsorship.

Also, I’d caution you about submitting a conjugal application unless you have hard evidence that you were not able to live together for a full year to become Common-Law. Conjugal applications are one of the hardest to prove. You will need to prove that you were refused entry to your girlfriends country and she was refused entry to Canada. This would be difficult as Canadians generally don’t have much problems getting Visa’s. If you can’t prove this, your application will most likely be refused. If you can, live together for a full year and then apply through Common-law.

Originally Posted by antifuse

Thanks!