British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   IELTS Results (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ielts-results-650676/)

FriendForEver Jan 22nd 2010 9:46 am

IELTS Results

Today i got my IELTS Result which is L-6.5, R-6.5, W-5.5, S-6. :ohmy: My thinking is that my writing was quite well to achieve at least 6 Bands, but they given only 5.5. Can i check or request British Council to Re-Check my paper anyway ?

qamar_qadian Jan 22nd 2010 10:13 am

Re: IELTS Results

Originally Posted by FriendForEver (Post 8272151)
Today i got my IELTS Result which is L-6.5, R-6.5, W-5.5, S-6. :ohmy: My thinking is that my writing was quite well to achieve at least 6 Bands, but they given only 5.5. Can i check or request British Council to Re-Check my paper anyway ?

there is a provision in IELTS for rechecking of written exam, as written exam is checked manually, its worth going for it as you would require 0.5 more to get through IELTS.

All the best for rechecking if you are going for it

FriendForEver Jan 22nd 2010 10:50 am

Can you guide me how to proceed for that ?

One more thing anyone have web link for writing practice material please.

Bermudashorts Jan 22nd 2010 11:05 am

There is a link to a form in the final question in the FAQ section here.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/switze...ielts-faqs.htm

Note it takes 8 - 10 weeks and costs £60 for a remark although this will be refunded if you do get upgraded. I would consider a resit too, you could do with brushing up on spelling and grammar.

(I am really not saying that in a nasty way, just giving you an honest appraisal so you think twice about before possibly wasting your time and money on a remark).

itprofessional Jan 22nd 2010 11:44 am

Originally Posted by FriendForEver (Post 8272256)
Can you guide me how to proceed for that ?

One more thing anyone have web link for writing practice material please.

My Spouse has taken exam in Lahore on 9 Jan. I am still searching for the results on Britishcouncil website but still not getting the result.

Has Lahore Result announced and updated or not.

Very tensed please guide.

Bermudashorts Jan 22nd 2010 11:54 am

Originally Posted by itprofessional (Post 8272366)
My Spouse has taken exam in Lahore on 9 Jan. I am still searching for the results on Britishcouncil website but still not getting the result.

If she took on the 9th I don't think it will be out until tomorrow will it? I am not sure about that website anyway, mine never showed up on there although it arrived in the post just fine.

Matrisha Jan 22nd 2010 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by itprofessional (Post 8272366)

I could access my results online without any problems back then.
But I think they were only available on the 13th day 6 p.m. GMT ...

itprofessional Jan 22nd 2010 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Matrisha (Post 8272454)
I could access my results online without any problems back then.
But I think they were only available on the 13th day 6 p.m. GMT ...

Yahoooooooooo! My Spouse has done that.

I hv recently got the results and she has done it with

L=4.5 R=4.5 W=5.5 S=4.5 OA=5

Thank you all.

khdmah Jan 22nd 2010 1:07 pm

Hi FriendForEver

Requesting will take same time as much as you can re appear for test and also rechecking is not free of cost .... so it is now your wish to go for re checking or re appear again in IELTS

Best of luck !!!!!

viktorjaisz Jan 22nd 2010 6:57 pm

Hi friends
I am kind of stuck with similar issue here where i was awarded 6.5 in reading and writing 8.5 in listening and 7 in speaking ,while the target score required 7 in each.
So i am thinking to reappear for the test .the catch is that the whole process to get test date ,and final TRF may take another 5-7 weeks .while i can still apply with the same score however my total score would be 10 points less(120 as of now).
Can i apply with current score and update DIAC with my updated score (hoping the next one will be better )..any thoughts ..Can i use the same process for state sponsorship....
please advice

qamar_qadian Jan 23rd 2010 3:44 am

Originally Posted by vivekjaiswal (Post 8273384)
Hi friends
I am kind of stuck with similar issue here where i was awarded 6.5 in reading and writing 8.5 in listening and 7 in speaking ,while the target score required 7 in each.
So i am thinking to reappear for the test .the catch is that the whole process to get test date ,and final TRF may take another 5-7 weeks .while i can still apply with the same score however my total score would be 10 points less(120 as of now).
Can i apply with current score and update DIAC with my updated score (hoping the next one will be better )..any thoughts ..Can i use the same process for state sponsorship....
please advice

If you have 120 score without 7 in each of IELTS, why you need 7 in each. Please note 120 or 130 does not make any diffrence to DIAC. they are one and the same thing.

viktorjaisz Jan 23rd 2010 4:03 am

Thanks a bunch ..:) .
Correct me if i am wrong but somewhere i read higher scores are processed first ...Can I confirm what you have told me from somewhere ....Just in case i may need to reappear...

Bermudashorts Jan 23rd 2010 6:07 am

No higher scores are not processed first. it makes no difference.

muditha Jan 23rd 2010 6:09 am

Originally Posted by vivekjaiswal (Post 8274448)
Thanks a bunch ..:) .
Correct me if i am wrong but somewhere i read higher scores are processed first ...Can I confirm what you have told me from somewhere ....Just in case i may need to reappear...

I don't think its true.
DIAC has set a guideline about visa processing priorities, so if you could go to a category which has higher priority in processing then it will make the process fast.

FriendForEver Jan 23rd 2010 11:07 am

The IELTS Information sheet show that it will take 6-8 week for Re-Marking request to process. At my station next available date is 12th Feb, I think it will be more suitable for me to Re-Take.

Please if someone has any website having practice material specially for writing test, I will be very thank full.