British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Al Fresco (https://britishexpats.com/forum/al-fresco-150/)
-   -   Rome earthquake? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/al-fresco-150/rome-earthquake-716070/)

Isakat May 7th 2011 7:04 pm

Rome earthquake?

I had a phonecall from a friend yesterday asking me if I knew about the impending earthquake on the 11th of May which is apparently going to flatten Rome. Some of her friends are organizing themselves by sleeping in their cars for a few nights.
I then researched the internet and found out that this guy called Raffaele Bendanti has already predicted the 2 earthquakes in Friuli and Avezzano and now on the Internet there are many stories that he has also predicted the Rome earthquake on May the 11th.
Apparently in the comune of Ciampino someone even stuck leaflets notifying the residents of this, signing the posters as Protezione civile. The real protezione civile is denying they did it.
The Rai 1 channel on their Voyager programme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln8Rbi-fW24
even had someone from the Bendanti Societa saying that they are in possession of the papers which were partly burned and which only have 2 dates-2011 and 2012 and no other info.
There are lots of people there on the internt who believe it will happen, I can not believe people are so gullable.

Pecora Nera May 7th 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Rome earthquake?

Originally Posted by Isakat (Post 9349545)
I had a phonecall from a friend yesterday asking me if I knew about the impending earthquake on the 11th of May which is apparently going to flatten Rome. Some of her friends are organizing themselves by sleeping in their cars for a few nights.
I then researched the internet and found out that this guy called Raffaele Bendanti has already predicted the 2 earthquakes in Friuli and Avezzano and now on the Internet there are many stories that he has also predicted the Rome earthquake on May the 11th.
Apparently in the comune of Ciampino someone even stuck leaflets notifying the residents of this, signing the posters as Protezione civile. The real protezione civile is denying they did it.
The Rai 1 channel on their Voyager programme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln8Rbi-fW24
even had someone from the Bendanti Societa saying that they are in possession of the papers which were partly burned and which only have 2 dates-2011 and 2012 and no other info.
There are lots of people there on the internt who believe it will happen, I can not believe people are so gullable.

I will be sleeping under the bed just in case Piemonte is affected.:rofl:

ononno May 8th 2011 8:07 am

:DCouldn't we have it flatten Napoli instead?
ciao for now,
'o nonno

Isakat May 8th 2011 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by ononno (Post 9350279)
:DCouldn't we have it flatten Napoli instead?
ciao for now,
'o nonno

Vesuvius will take care of that in the future.
;)

giodafa May 8th 2011 10:02 pm

Wonder if the Pope's in Rome that day? If he stays I stay,:unsure: afterall he does have friends in high places:) i don't beleive it :unsure: but I think I'll keep the kids off school that day just incase.

internationalbefky May 8th 2011 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by giodafa (Post 9351309)
i don't beleive it :unsure: but I think I'll keep the kids off school that day just incase.

Lol :lol:

Isakat May 9th 2011 10:43 am

Originally Posted by giodafa (Post 9351309)
Wonder if the Pope's in Rome that day? If he stays I stay,:unsure: afterall he does have friends in high places:) i don't beleive it :unsure: but I think I'll keep the kids off school that day just incase.

And what if it happens in the night?

giodafa May 10th 2011 9:17 pm

checked it out , and watched Voyager, there's no truth in all of this:huh:
:ohmy: my daughter has just told me there has been two minor earthquakes in Frosinone and it's only an hour to midnight:eek: Just incase;) it was nice speaking to you all

Pecora Nera May 11th 2011 4:58 pm

You lot in Rome still there????

ambra_wandsworth May 11th 2011 9:26 pm

Do you, guys, perhaps, believe in Nostradamus quatrains?! they're always suggestive :)

ononno May 12th 2011 6:22 am

:(But Spain got it instead. My sympathy goes out to the people of Murcia.
'o nonno

Isakat May 12th 2011 7:08 am

Yea, we are still here.
I read on Sky news that thousands of people have left Rome for a few days and there was an article in Il Messagero yesterday saying all is quiet, only 2 small earthquakes in Lazio region.
Regarding Nostradamus, I have not read his predictions as I will be scared.I did watch a documentary though on the geography channel about him predicting Hitler as the second Antichrist and that the third one will be born in the Middle east.
DD came from school yesterday and said that in her maths lesson everyone was looking in their watches for 3pm as apparently someone spread the rumour that the earthquake would happen at this hour. When 3pm passed and nothing happened, there was a sigh of relief.

ononno May 12th 2011 10:07 am

:ohmy:but have you listened to the radio this morning? Etna back in activity, and Catania airport closed. Beautiful awe-inspiring video on RAI News 24 website.
Wot is going on under our feet?:huh:

Isakat May 12th 2011 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ononno (Post 9359526)
:ohmy:but have you listened to the radio this morning? Etna back in activity, and Catania airport closed. Beautiful awe-inspiring video on RAI News 24 website.

Literally, what is going on under the feet of the Napolitani-tonnes and tonnes of uncollected rubbish. I hope you are not near it O'nonno.

internationalbefky May 12th 2011 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by ononno (Post 9359526)
:

Nothing but nature. Plates shift, sometimes people die, but it's nothing personal. :blink: