British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   India (https://britishexpats.com/forum/india-169/)
-   -   Married What documents would i need (https://britishexpats.com/forum/india-169/married-what-documents-would-i-need-751856/)

wiser1 Mar 17th 2012 9:50 am

Married What documents would i need

Hi, i am looking at bringing my wife over to the UK fairly soon, what documents would i need to sort the visa/sponsor out
thank you in advance

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2012 3:12 am

Re: Married What documents would i need

You'd be better off asking in the Moving Back forum but all info will be found here.

NaturalizedGarry Mar 20th 2012 3:20 am

Hi Wiser,

You'd probably need for yourself, But it could vary slightly on your status and her required status,

Employment confirmation
Residence proofs (Gas/Electricity/Council tax bills)
6-12 Months bank statements (to show sufficient funds)
P60s (latest to earliest)
Marriage Certificate
English test for spouse
Work experience/letters for spouse (if any)

If in totality you have all of these genuine and long run, than you might not be asked for anything more. But it would vary from case-to-case.

Cheers.

NGarry

pennylessinindia Mar 23rd 2012 5:58 am

so where are you , in canada in India ?

wiser1 Mar 23rd 2012 6:29 am

in uk
wife india

wiser1 Mar 23rd 2012 3:50 pm

1 question would the bank statements all have to show + balance on them

dreadsoc Mar 23rd 2012 4:58 pm

My advice would be to contact the UK Immigration Service for advice - they will be able to give you accurate and up to date advice. You may even be assigned a caseworker.

I don't think your bank account needs to be in the plus all the time.

Under the Human Rights Act your wife should be able to join you in the UK under the article - Right to Family life.

Dread - x

wiser1 Mar 23rd 2012 8:41 pm

thanks a lot
i did go to a immigration lawyer and he said it needs to be in plus for 3-4 months, I've had it in minus due to putting money in savings, and i really want to get my mrs over soon

dreadsoc Mar 23rd 2012 9:49 pm

Hi Wiser

You could produce both your current account details in the minus and produce the account details showing the savings.

Dread - x

wiser1 Mar 24th 2012 1:09 am

yeah thats what i think i will do
just need to sort this out a.s.a.p

dreadsoc Mar 24th 2012 2:59 pm

All the best with it.
I would reinforce my advice to get on the UK Borders and Immigration Agency website. You can e mail thhem for advice and let's face it, they will be the ones to make the decision so getting them to advise early on will probably do you a favour

Dread -x

pennylessinindia Mar 29th 2012 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by wiser1 (Post 9969162)
thanks a lot
i did go to a immigration lawyer and he said it needs to be in plus for 3-4 months, I've had it in minus due to putting money in savings, and i really want to get my mrs over soon

You have to show you can financially support your wife a bank account showing a negative balance does not show that you can support her. If the savings are readily available you may be show these statements, but it would have to be very clear where the source of the funds in your savings account has come from.
As others have said check immigration sites as the rules are not always easy to meet. make sure she meets the English language requirement

wiser1 Mar 30th 2012 4:24 pm

thanks a lot, also if i was to also have parents backing finically what would i need to provide for that? and to be honest i am not showing negative balance now, but a few months ago i was, but now i have my savings and account in plus

dreadsoc Mar 31st 2012 3:03 am

Originally Posted by wiser1 (Post 9980487)
thanks a lot, also if i was to also have parents backing finically what would i need to provide for that? and to be honest i am not showing negative balance now, but a few months ago i was, but now i have my savings and account in plus

The more you can show that your wife will be financially supported by you the better so yes do show your parents means as well - provide a letter from them stating that they will be providing financial support together with a copy of bank statements. Every bit helps.

Dread - x

wiser1 Mar 31st 2012 7:18 pm

cheers dread, and also would it also help i have my own property which i am paying a mortgage