British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Sharing accommodation Jeddah (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/sharing-accommodation-jeddah-622429/)

Sergioy Jul 27th 2009 9:11 pm

Sharing accommodation Jeddah

Hello everybody!

I'm planning to move to Jeddah a in September after living 3 years in Dubai. Read lot's of positive things about the place and negative unfortunately as well. So the best place to live is compound, is sharing villas / apartments common in Jeddah? For me as a single young guy it was a perfect way to live in Dubai in order to escape the boredom of loneliness.
Can any one suggest where can I find info or perhaps has somebody got 5 bedroom villa and feels too lonely on his own... and willing to make extra buck?

Next week will be probably in Jeddah, hope diving is really good!:)

nottmbantam Jul 28th 2009 5:50 pm

Re: Sharing accommodation Jeddah

Well, I've personally not been ( yet ) but have been told that the diving is amongst the best in the world.

In terms of accommodation, most of the compounds will be geared up for single guys or for families, so it migh tbe better to find another guy to share with, but sorry to say, I don't know of anyone at the moment looking for a flat mate.

You try looking at www.expatraites.com and have a look through their accommodation section for Jeddah.

glynster Jul 28th 2009 7:30 pm

Hi Mate,I am staying in Jeddah at the moment but having to stay in hotels for a number of reasons.My work mate (egyptian) has a relative who knows the owner of one of the compounds who would put us to the top of his list and get a villa soonest,he WOULD not let us share though.We were only supposed to be here for 2 weeks until we trained our subbies(egyptians) but as they are so incompetent we are going to be here longer and also now have other remedial work.I would make sure your accomodation is sorted before you get here as the compound waiting lists are very long,over a year in most cases.

Sergioy Jul 28th 2009 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by glynster (Post 7792298)
Hi Mate,I am staying in Jeddah at the moment but having to stay in hotels for a number of reasons.My work mate (egyptian) has a relative who knows the owner of one of the compounds who would put us to the top of his list and get a villa soonest,he WOULD not let us share though.We were only supposed to be here for 2 weeks until we trained our subbies(egyptians) but as they are so incompetent we are going to be here longer and also now have other remedial work.I would make sure your accomodation is sorted before you get here as the compound waiting lists are very long,over a year in most cases.

Hi! I can see you live in Mirdiff as well....:) I'm going for a look next week, want to make sure if moving to Saudi is good idea at all...

JEDDAH PETE Jul 29th 2009 5:56 am

I know guys that share in Jeddah, please PM me and I will forward the name of a guy who runs Arabian Homes. For a young guy try and get on Andalus Village, Arabian Homes.... If you speak to the guy in question I am sure he would put up a poster on the notice board, or if not I will.

Regarding Jeddah it self, the diving is awesome and there is loads to do, if you need any help please just PM me.

Thanks

Pete