British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Regional areas for visa 475 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/regional-areas-visa-475-a-756795/)

King_Junior May 1st 2012 12:06 pm

Regional areas for visa 475

We have just received WA SS for 475 visa. During the application process, we selected three regions, i.e. South West, Peel and Wheatbelt.

Does this mean that we can work and live in
1. Any of these three chosen areas, or
2. In one of the chosen areas only?
3. Anywhere in the regional WA?
4. in area decided by SMWA?

Thanks in advance

KJ

joojay May 1st 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Regional areas for visa 475

I would really like to know this too.

mrsgreenstar76 May 1st 2012 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by King_Junior (Post 10035068)
We have just received WA SS for 475 visa. During the application process, we selected three regions, i.e. South West, Peel and Wheatbelt.

Does this mean that we can work and live in
1. Any of these three chosen areas, or
2. In one of the chosen areas only?
3. Anywhere in the regional WA?
4. in area decided by SMWA?

Thanks in advance

KJ

This is the list of regional areas (WA is towards the bottom). Funnily enough, state sponsored applicants can't live in Perth (or surrounding areas), but relative sponsored can.

joojay May 1st 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks MrsGS :) that sure is weird abt Perth
But about the state sponsored regional visa,
1. Would the applicant have to stay in the regions chosen during the application or any regional part of the sponsoring state
2. Would the state specify which regions of that state is the applicant allowed to stay in.

mrsgreenstar76 May 1st 2012 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by joojay (Post 10035900)
Thanks MrsGS :) that sure is weird abt Perth
But about the state sponsored regional visa,
1. Would the applicant have to stay in the regions chosen during the application or any regional part of the sponsoring state
2. Would the state specify which regions of that state is the applicant allowed to stay in.

As far as I'm aware, as long as you live in a specified regional area within the state that sponsors you (for the required length of time), you'll be fine. I don't think they tell you exactly where to live! I'm really not sure about the regions you selected (I'm family sponsored). What does it say on your application form (where you are asked about locations)?

joojay May 2nd 2012 3:58 am

:) We have not applied for 475, so cannot tell what options there would be in the application. I also didnt know that you had to select some specific regions in the application for 475 but the OP clearly did that in his application, so i was concerned. Hope OP might be able to comment on this.
We were thinking of 475 as an option, but wanted to clear up some ambiguities before going through with it :)

King_Junior May 2nd 2012 4:01 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 10035927)
As far as I'm aware, as long as you live in a specified regional area within the state that sponsors you (for the required length of time), you'll be fine. I don't think they tell you exactly where to live! I'm really not sure about the regions you selected (I'm family sponsored). What does it say on your application form (where you are asked about locations)?

Thanks mrsgreenstar76.

Is there anyone else who can give further insight?

Dorothy May 2nd 2012 4:51 am

Originally Posted by King_Junior (Post 10036542)
Thanks mrsgreenstar76.

Is there anyone else who can give further insight?

What insight? Mrs GS has given you the link to the DIAC page that explains the 475 and where you can live/work.

nitishakhanal May 17th 2012 5:14 pm

Hi...I too had applied for 475 WA SS and got my application accepted. In the letter they dont mention where you are supposed to live. As you know, except Perth you can live in any regional areas......

Regards,

jackliz5 May 18th 2012 7:05 am

King Junior:-

If sponsored by WA, you can live and work anywhere except perth area in WA. there is no restriction on living & working except perth area. however you can visit and live in perth for holidaying or any other purpose. as mrsgreen advised just look on the list of regional areas, but for summarize except perth all WA is regional.

Joojay:-
read above mentioned. any area except peth in WA for living and working on SRS 475.

best of luck to both for visa apply.