Working Hours

Old Jan 21st 2012, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Working Hours

[QUOTE=Ingles;9856053]I just had to post this as the working population is being screw'd into the ground with Overtime Cut's - Holiday Pay Cut's + Unemployment subsides also being cut, our beloved President Cavaco Silva stated yesterday that his Pension of 10.000€ per month is insufficient to cover his expenses !

[url]http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?c

This old fart really is a waste of oxygen never mind 10 grand a month! On cocomparisony wifes grandmother gets 220 euros per month... not enough to eat never mind anything else
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

The real crack over this is

When he made this statement he said that he & his wife could not meet there outgoings on a Pension of 1.370.00€'s pm

But what he "omitted" to say was he also collects a Pension from his days as a Uni Lecturer & one from The Banco de Portugal
All these 3 Pension add up to over 10.000€'s pm

The Press & TV have really ripped into him & basically called him a liar & taken him to task over this statement for its insensitivty to others during these hard times ,Unions & Left Wing joined in as well as expected.

Other Pesioners from all walks of life have stated that they found his "crass" remarks insulting.
As the poster above quoted there are a good many Pensioners here trying to live on a Agriculture Pension of 220.00€'s pm.
His Face Book Page has been inundated with post all critizing him.

This is not the first time our beloved President has put his foot in his mouth & I doubt it will be the last

Last edited by Ingles; Jan 23rd 2012 at 12:31 pm. Reason: Added a bit
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

He has really dropped his self in it because of this comment ,the clamour from the Press TV & general pubilic is growing by the day
A Public Petition has been started to try to remove him from the Presidency

http://peticaopublica.com/PeticaoVer...pi=P2012N19503

Please sign, I have he's a disgrace to the office he holds !

The PT Paper DN Economia ran a check on his Income in 2010 & found he declared 999.894.54 €'s
(this is all on Public Record)
+ The PCP have set up today a collection point outside his Offical Residence at Palácio Belem to try to raise a few €'s to help him & his wife thru the hard time there going thru
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Working Hours

Originally Posted by Ingles
He has really dropped his self in it because of this comment ,the clamour from the Press TV & general pubilic is growing by the day
A Public Petition has been started to try to remove him from the Presidency

http://peticaopublica.com/PeticaoVer...pi=P2012N19503

Please sign, I have he's a disgrace to the office he holds !

The PT Paper DN Economia ran a check on his Income in 2010 & found he declared 999.894.54 €'s
(this is all on Public Record)
+ The PCP have set up today a collection point outside his Offical Residence at Palácio Belem to try to raise a few €'s to help him & his wife thru the hard time there going thru
Is that €999 thousand 894 hundred and 54 cents?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Is that €999 thousand 894 hundred and 54 cents?
Yes Correct ,1 small mistake on my part ,it should read 95 cents
Please see link where I sourced the info.
The Petition reached over 26.000 signatures & has been passed on to Parliament obviously nothing will be done about this, but it shows the discontent the Public feel over his comment

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/economia/int...eccao=Dinheiro

Please NOTE :- Most Posters who have made comments have opted to remain "anonymous"
Could it be there worried about reprisals ?

Last edited by Ingles; Jan 26th 2012 at 11:06 am.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Well "joe public" have had there say 36.148 signatures on the Petition which as the number of 4.000 signatures is all that is need'd, this is 32.148 more than required to force Parliament to debate the subject of any Public Petition
Please Note :- This is a Portuguese Law
Personally I feel the outcome has never been in doubt
PT Parliament will do nowt!
To quote a phrase used here a lot "The Boy's look after The Boy's"
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

(4 Holidays Cancelled - 2 Civil -2 Religious
15 August - 5 October - 1st December as to the fourth I have no idea as nothing has been published yet?)

The 3 Holidays quoted above where due to be Cancelled this year
I have just read in my paper DdN that now they will be Cancelled in 2012
As to the 4th holiday still no idea.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Dream on :- Our estemed PM Pedro Coelho (Peter Rabbit) has just appointed 2 new Administrators to Aguas de Portugal.

Manuel Frexes is the President of Câmara Fundâo & also the President of Association of Autarcas Social Democrates

Alvaro Castelo Branco is the Vice President of CDS in Câmara Porto
These positions are worth +/- 4.000€ per month & they keep there day jobs so the PT Press reckon there income's for the next year will be +/- 150.000€
Please note the present Gov is made up by a coalition PSD & CDS

No more No less "job's for the boy's"
From Algarve Daily News

http://www.algarvedailynews.com/news...tugal-managers

Last night on ALL TV News our illustrious PM Pedro Coelho informed the "working population" of Portugal the HE would not tolerate anybody
taking a "ponte" (day of) for Carnaval which takes place on 21st this month
There you have been told so you must go to work!!!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

(4 Holidays Cancelled - 2 Civil -2 Religious
15 August - 5 October - 1st December as to the fourth I have no idea as nothing has been published yet?)

The 3 Holidays quoted above where due to be Cancelled this year
I have just read in my paper DdN that now they will be Cancelled in 2013As to the 4th holiday still no idea.
Sorry DATE Wrong
Old Feb 7th 2012, 10:36 am
Just Joined

mistygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the info guys keep it coming.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

"Last night on ALL TV News our illustrious PM Pedro Coelho informed the "working population" of Portugal the HE would not tolerate anybody
taking a "ponte" (day of) for Carnaval which takes place on 21st this month
There you have been told so you must go to work!!![/QUOTE]

The statement above has caused as expected a back lash from certain quaters,as 1.000s of people from all walks of life all over Portugal have for many months given up there week ends & evenings to build the floats & make the costumes used during Canaval which they will also partake in!
In this mornings PT Press the Camarãs of Lisboa - Porto - Caldas da Rainha & Grandola are quoted as they will "tolerate" persons taking the "ponte"
I fully expect other Camarãs will "tolerate" as well during the next few days.
To add to all this confusion you must remember that ALL the schools are closed for Canaval (21st) ,so who is going to look after the children.
There was a point made on TV the other night that each Holiday in Portugal cut's 665.000.000€ off of it's GNP
But on the other hand is it to much to ask during these hard times that joe public can have a day of so they can enjoy themsleves & have a dance & a laugh & few beers & generally let there hair down.
Personally I think not
Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gedscottish
[

.............. On cocomparisony wifes grandmother gets 220 euros per month... not enough to eat never mind anything else
Reading my own message again, I am left wondering what I was on about?! I'll blame it on the site
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carnaval :- As more & more Cãmaras including a lot of PSD controlled Cãmaras make it known that they will "tolerate" people taking the day off for Canaval againts the direct order from our witless PM Pedro Coelho not to do so.
The Sectary General of PSD Miguel Relvas when asked on TV what the PSD thought of this , he replied "it's not important":

If it's not important why issue the order in the first place?

Hells teeth we are paying for this lot out off our tax's
I bet somebody want's to reply "I don't pay tax's"
We all pay at least one it's called IVA (VAT)

Last edited by Ingles; Feb 10th 2012 at 1:43 pm. Reason: added a F
Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

I am not sure but I think the directive is that you cannot take the Ponte, bridging day, not the holiday itself
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steppitoe
I am not sure but I think the directive is that you cannot take the Ponte, bridging day, not the holiday itself
steppitoe : Normally you would be completely correct ,but in this case it has been a tradition for many many years that the tuesday Carnaval falls on to be a "unofficial" holiday therefore it's called a "ponte"

So far it's clear that over 70 Cãmaras are being "tolerant"
Mind you probaly as many are not!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.