What If UK Abandons The EU?

Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Hog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What If UK Abandons The EU?

DOOM AND GLOOM!
DOOM AND GLOOM!
IT'S ALL DOOM AND GLOOM!
Life is 95% negative? What a load of tosh.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sir recorder
Another matter which I despise is the hypocrisy of certain individuals, from people who claim the moral high ground over others who hold views different from their own.

I have a right to express negative views, even if you do not like them. I do not care whether I am in the apparent majority or minority.

Tell me, when you go on a holiday and stay in a hotel, and it's not up to standard, or not up a standard which you think that you have paid for, do you just hold your peace, and simply say "that was just too bad" and leave it at that? Or do you go onto the internet and inform others of your bad experience, so that they might learn not to go where you went?

How else is that hotel to know that its service has been poor and thatt it badly needs to pull its socks up? A negative review is one sure way to begin to change that hotel's attitude to its customers.

The internet has brought with it a whole new medium in which individuals can express themselves, their opinions, a forum in which one can tell others about negative experiences. Then fact is that life is truly 95% negative for most of the time, and only about 5% truly positive. Think of all the books you may have read. Only about 1 in 20 has really been worth reading. The same is true with films and so forth. The negative in life occupies quite the vast majority of our time. Mediocrity is the majority experience for us all.

And yes, I am a huge customer of the services, products, accommodation etc. of Portugal. I spend and have spent vast sums of money within its economy. As a consumer I am not at all satisfied with a great deal of the goods and services I receive. Many things in Portugal are negative. I will not be silenced. I will bring them to people's attention. I will be an outspoken complainant, no matter whether I am popular or not, by doing so.
What a pathetic reply. I don't claim any moral high ground, that's just your view because I don't agree with you. I have said before, everyone has their opinions and are rightly entitled to them. I don't see what I've posted as being hypocrtical, like you they are just my opinions. Some of your comments in your reply however, seem to be similar to what you accuse me of.

Posting a critical review on a hotel is unlikely to be a SURE way of improving service etc. Internet reviews good and bad are oftem manipulated by the web sites according to the sites client requirements, and I don't believe a few bad reviews will change a hotel's level of service, it requires a lot more than that.

It is a pity you view life as being 95% negative, this seems to say you have a very unhappy existence if only 5% is positive. Life is what you make it in my experience and if you view it as a glass more than half empty, so be it. We all have bad and good times, but it's how you handle them that matters in terms of life generally.

You may be a HUGE customer of PT, although this is perhaps why you are so negative towards it, as your personal decisions have contributed towards the cause of your discontent. You may see yourself as some self appointed spokesperson against PT and its politicians, but it's unlikely all your postings will have any effect and it seems not too much support from other posters on this particular thread.

You'll no doubt continue to post on the same theme, but if it alleviates your frustrations, I assume it must at least help you. I doubt it stimulates the impact you'd like in changing anything of significance.

Last edited by bejaboz; Mar 11th 2013 at 1:42 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:48 pm
Banned

sir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by EMR
Many of us are not just second holiday home owners ( however much you spend or may have spent ) but reside in Portugal all of the year or a significant part of it.
Some rely on activities in Portugal to provide part or all of their incomes.
As such we have a better grasp on the realities of life in Portugal than the occaisional visitor.
None of us claim that life is perfect far from it but we realise that rather like complaining constantly about the rain all the moaning an negative thoughts and posts will not change a thing.
Please tell us what induced you to buy in Portugal in the first place.
Please be honest !!
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich

Woke up, only just!

The weather was gloomy. 85% humidity. 95% chance of rain. No sun whatsoever.

Went down the hill in my car to buy some rolls for breakfast from the local baker.

Forced to use a queuing system. Take a numbered ticket from a machine, symptomatic of a grossly over-populated world. Have to wait 15 minutes.

My turn arrives. The price of those rolls are forbidding. The staff have no smiles on their faces. They are grossly overworked and underpaid, symptomatic of the Delta-existence that they lead. They have no real career, nor economic future. They could not give a monkee's-ffart about their customers. Pay up. Wrong change. Someone behind me in the queue complaains I am taking too long.

Go outside. Find I have overstayed in the car-park. Got a ticket.

Go to the petrol station. Price of petrol has risen. Fill up. Some unemployable geezer wants to wash my car windows for a euro. Tell him to get lost.

Drive to the motorway. Ola! The tolls are forbidding. What am I doing here? It's only 9am and life is so depressing!

Do my weekly shop in the hypermarket. Bank card does not work. Have to abandon my purchases. No one gives credit anymore. You're a nobody in this new age world unless you have the cash.

Drive home. The cleaner has arrived, late as usual. Wants a pay rise, saying the money does not go far enough for her and her family. Skimps on the job, leaves early.

The gardener fails to keep his appointment. Phones up two hours late saying he is ill. The flowers he planted last time have all died. The flower beds are full of weeds.

The electricity bill arrives in the post. Prices have risen by 10% or more, far exceeding general inflation.

Partner complains I haven't done the washing up for two days.

Walk into the village centre. Yet another shop has been boarded-up and closed down. Visitors are fewer and far between. This place has no future, utterly gloomy and depressing. No one is smiling. There's no buzz about the place.

Look for a pub/bar to have a beer. A load too much, in a rundown bar for a small glass of Super Bock - Yuk! Empty uninviting place. No real drinking holes where we are. No investment in tourist facilities.

Time for lunch. Take partner to seaside restaurant. Nowhere to park. Have to walk half a kilometer. Wind is blowing hard. Bill 80 Euros for a very mediocre fish dinner and wine. Poor service, and very amateur. And they want a tip on top of that. BAH!

Last edited by sir recorder; Mar 11th 2013 at 2:56 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:03 pm
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all

Sr's contribution to this forum is like the British contribution to World cuisine - the chip.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:06 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

Woke up, only just!

Went down the hill in my car to buy some rolls for breakfast from the local baker.

Forced to use a queuing system. Take a numbered ticket from a machine, symptomatic of a grossly over-populated world. Have to wait 15 minutes.

My turn arrives. The price of those rolls are forbidding. The staff have no smiles on their faces. They are grossly overworked and underpaid, symptomatic of the Delta-existence that they lead. They have no real career, nor economic future. They could not give a monkee's-ffart about their customers. Pay up. Wrong change. Someone behind me in the queue complaains I am taking too long.

Go to the petrol station. Price of petrol has risen. Fill up. Some unemployable geezer wants to wash my car windows for a euro. Tell him to get lost.

Drive to the motorway. Ola! The tolls are forbidding. What am I doing here? It's only 9am and life is so depressing!

Do my weekly shop in the hypermarket. Bank card does not work. Have to abandon my purchases. No one gives credit anymore. You're a nobody in this new age world unless you have the cash.

Drive home. The cleaner has arrived, late as usual. Wants a pay rise, saying the money does not go far enough for her and her family. Skimps on the job, leaves early.

The gardener fails to keep his appointment. Phones up two hours late saying he is ill. The flowers he planted last time have all died. The flower beds are full of weeds.

The electricity bill arrives in the post. Prices have risen by 10% or more, far exceeding general inflation.

Walk into the village centre. Yet another shop has been boarded-up and closed down. Visitors are fewer and far between. This place has no future, utterly gloomy and depressing. No one is smiling. There's no buzz about the place.

Look for a pub/bar to have a beer. A load too much, in a rundown bar for a small glass of Super Bock - Yuk! Empty uninviting place. No real drinking holes where we are. No investment in tourist facilities.

Time for lunch. Take partner to seaside restaurant. Nowhere to park. Have to walk half a kilometer. Wind is blowing hard. Bill 80 Euros for a very mediocre fish dinner and wine. Poor service, and very amateur. And they want a tip on top of that. BAH!

Are you living in Ayamonte??
Old Mar 11th 2013, 4:15 pm
Banned

sir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Barbara Red lips
Are you living in Ayamonte??
No. But is Ayamonte one of those absolutely horrific mosquito infested places, where lunch for the local insects is yourself, and you are not left in peace?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

Then fact is that life is truly 95% negative for most of the time, and only about 5% truly positive.........The negative in life occupies quite the vast majority of our time. Mediocrity is the majority experience for us all.
If you woke up this morning healthy … you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the fear and loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pain of starvation … you are better off than 500 million people in the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep … you are more comfortable than 75% of the people in this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace … you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.

If you can read this, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

If, SR, you honestly believe your life is 95% negative then get some therapy. Seriously.

It's one thing being the resident moaner / wind up merchant, but an outlook on life that's that negative is something I actually find quite disturbing.

e.g. Yes, loads of the movies I watch and books I read don't meet my expectations, but I am thankful that I can afford them and that they give me something to discuss with my wife and friends.

Yes, sometimes meals are a disappointment, but sometimes they are outstanding - and sometimes the worst experiences make for the best stories.

Yes, Portugal is in a mess, as is most of the world, but we still have limited time to enjoy what we have, and a new day to dust ourselves off and start again every 24 hours.

And I say all this as someone who suffers from spells of clinical depression and has just received a huge tax bill!

In a lot of your threads you mention things like the fact that you
have spent vast sums of money
on things - if you have any left, I suggest you spend some on making yourself a little happier.

Regardless of how you may choose to take this post I am actually trying to be nice to you.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newintavira
Regardless of how you may choose to take this post I am actually trying to be nice to you.
You are wasting your time. He is clearly a WUM.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

a WUM
I had to Google that!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newintavira
I had to Google that!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The_Hog
You are wasting your time. He is clearly a WUM.
I can think of some other words....
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

And this is one of the reasons a lot of people just don't bother posting on this forum.

If I had a bad experience in a hotel, I'd tell them,

If I didn't like living where I was, I'd move.

I'm now going to bed, probably to have nightmres about all the negativity this person - SR - gives out.

And before I go, I'll google that thingy wum
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

and also something beginning with t

and another 4 letters
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up, only just!

it's a joke - right?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Only a D******D would use " One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich "as a quote what does a book by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn have to do with anything. Pity he can't be transported to Somewhere in the Archipelago without internet connection so as not to annoy posters on this Forum.

The best thing would to not reply to any comment by D******D

Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.