Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

What do you love about where you live?

What do you love about where you live?

Old Aug 16th 2015, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: What do you love about where you live?

I did admit that I confused Lagos with Faro. I have street walked most of Portugal with Google and can see the similarity with the Algarve with Dubai. Both are flat and arid.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 8:48 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukkram
I did admit that I confused Lagos with Faro. I have street walked most of Portugal with Google and can see the similarity with the Algarve with Dubai. Both are flat and arid.
Put your laptop away and actualy come south.

There no lagoons west of faro, the algarve.has.beaches that compare witht he best in the workd fantasic cliff formations.
River estuaries, hill ranges, lakes.
The ria formosa, your " lagoons " is world famous site of special environmental interest.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EMR
Put your laptop away and actualy come south.

There no lagoons west of faro, the algarve.has.beaches that compare witht he best in the workd fantasic cliff formations.
River estuaries, hill ranges, lakes.
The ria formosa, your " lagoons " is world famous site of special environmental interest.
I agree. West of Faro I would have to walk 15 km to get to the bridge that takes me down to the sea after the lagoon.

Fantastic cliff formations that you mention means that you have to repel down to actually get to the beach.

The fact remains that the area is not unlike Dubai or the cliffs of Dover.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 9:24 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukkram
I agree. West of Faro I would have to walk 15 km to get to the bridge that takes me down to the sea after the lagoon.

Fantastic cliff formations that you mention means that you have to repel down to actually get to the beach.

The fact remains that the area is not unlike Dubai or the cliffs of Dover.

There are none so blind that only see the world through a laptop screen.
As you only believe what you see via a laptop just check out Home | www.carvoeiro.com and look at the info on the beaches.
Or those in lagos,,Alvor, Armacao, Gale luz, Burgau, Salema, not a lagoon orapelling granny or toddler to be seen.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
There are none so blind that only see the world through a laptop screen.
I must remember that next time you make another of your ridiculous comments about Gibraltar.

( or any subject about anywhere in the world in reality )
Old Aug 17th 2015, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by EMR
Like some brummies I have met, every other word starts with an F.
Interesting comment, suggests a degree of bias.

Like all places throughout the UK and Europe, there are those whose vocabulary is rather limited and I wouldn't have thought Brummies are any worse than say Scousers, Geordies or Cockneys to name just a few.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 8:09 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by bejaboz
Interesting comment, suggests a degree of bias.

Like all places throughout the UK and Europe, there are those whose vocabulary is rather limited and I wouldn't have thought Brummies are any worse than say Scousers, Geordies or Cockneys to name just a few.
I worked around the west midlands for over 20 years, from Bilston to Bromsgrove.
Would hardly have survived in business if I had been biased.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 8:11 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're absolutely right about English, bejaboz. But with regard to northern Portuguese, there's a distinct difference in the language that's deemed acceptable in company - and given the volume people talk at, you can hear it for yourself if you ever come up this way. The northerners are famous for it throughout the land.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 8:11 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I must remember that next time you make another of your ridiculous comments about Gibraltar.

( or any subject about anywhere in the world in reality )
Its your posts on Gib I respond to, so who is really responsible.?:
How is life in the ministry of information.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by EMR
I worked around the west midlands for over 20 years, from Bilston to Bromsgrove.
Would hardly have survived in business if I had been biased.
Then why did you choose to highlight Brummies in your post?

I note you worked around the periphery of Birmingham, such as close to the Black Country and North Worcestershire, not Birmingham itself.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 10:23 am
EMR
Banned

I covered the entire west midlands from the centre of Bham to all points of the compass.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
I covered the entire west midlands from the centre of Bham to all points of the compass.
Good for you, but you didn't say why you chose to highlight Brummies
Old Aug 17th 2015, 4:00 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by bejaboz
Good for you, but you didn't say why you chose to highlight Brummies
Because I had years of working with them and got very familiar with the local parlance.
Of course not in solihull.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:03 pm
pdr
Forum Regular

pdr is an unknown quantity at this point

We seem to have strayed a little off topic.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ukkram;11725297]I agree. West of Faro I would have to walk 15 km to get to the bridge that takes me down to the sea after the lagoon.

Oh Ukk You kill me!! You would only have to cross the road from the fire station in central Faro,sit on the wall,lean down and 'viola' you can touch the sea!! with lots of little boats bobbing around on it.I know my SIL owns one...COME SOUTH!! You'll love it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.