Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Want to spend 5 months in Portugal, but can we?

Want to spend 5 months in Portugal, but can we?

Old Sep 27th 2016, 9:24 am
Just Joined

DM13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want to spend 5 months in Portugal, but can we?

So just to update... Registering the marriage seems harder then i originally thought (and i thought it would be pretty hard)! Looks like i need to send my wife's birth certificate to Iraq to get it certified. Then to the Portuguese Embassy in Abu Dhabi to get it certified again. Then translated. Then i can go to the Portuguese Consulate here in Canada to get the Marriage registered (if they don't ask me for something else, that is)! Hoping i don't pass away of old age by then!
Old Sep 27th 2016, 10:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to spend 5 months in Portugal, but can we?

Originally Posted by DM13
So just to update... Registering the marriage seems harder then i originally thought (and i thought it would be pretty hard)! Looks like i need to send my wife's birth certificate to Iraq to get it certified. Then to the Portuguese Embassy in Abu Dhabi to get it certified again. Then translated. Then i can go to the Portuguese Consulate here in Canada to get the Marriage registered (if they don't ask me for something else, that is)! Hoping i don't pass away of old age by then!
An initial pain in the rear but if you can make both your wife and child Portuguese citizens before making the move it will make life much simpler in the long run. Keep us updated