Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Want to move to Portugal

Want to move to Portugal

Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Want to move to Portugal

Coimbra is full of students most of the time....which might be a good or a bad thing.....
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:16 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Coimbra is full of students most of the time....which might be a good or a bad thing.....
mmmmm thanx for that tourist :scared:
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

It is one of the world's oldest unies

Study at a university founded in 1285.

Attend the Portuguese Language and Culture program for international students at the Universidade de Coimbra. King Dinis founded the Universidade de Coimbra in 1285. After moving back and forth between Lisbon and Coimbra, the university settled permanently in Coimbra in 1537 in the Alcacoba Palace. Today, approximately 17,000 students take classes at the university’s hill-top campus overlooking the Mondego River.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:35 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
It is one of the world's oldest unies
Thanks Tourist - I think Coimbra would also be of interest from a cultural point of view.

Cheers
Nomad
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:42 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Ahh...Whats this....?! It was just a "splash" of whiskey in the coffee,have you not tried it?! Its the perfect end to a meal!! Luckily my visitors have gone yesterday so the DT's should start kicking in today!!
Ged (T-total for at least a week)
Ged, you're not that busy. Cant you find me a ruin up there for about £5000
that I can do up in between lunches?

A splash a day keeps the doctor away.

Cheers
Nomad
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Nomad_H

Cheers
Nomad
http://www.pureportugal.co.uk/proper...oito/casa.html
what about this one for €4000
xxx
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:38 pm
---------

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
http://www.pureportugal.co.uk/proper...oito/casa.html
what about this one for €4000
xxx
Thanks Cleri
It's interesting what you can find though. I mean I,ve heard that the smart guys go hiking from village to village in France and cut out the estate agents and come up with some marvellous deals.
I wonder could one do that in Portugal. I mean all I need is a place with a good roof; one good room to keep warm in and the restoration can be done in situ.
If one could find something within reasonable driving distance of a large town - then it would be a proposition.
The wealthy expats wouldnt understand my thinking though, but somebody out there will have done it!!! Where are you???

Love to Ela from Rascal(Sealpoint/M) & Mischka (Bluepoint/F)
& Nomad(The inferior species)
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 7:45 pm

Thanks Cleri
It's interesting what you can find though. I mean I,ve heard that the smart guys go hiking from village to village in France and cut out the estate agents and come up with some marvellous deals.
I wonder could one do that in Portugal. I mean all I need is a place with a good roof; one good room to keep warm in and the restoration can be done in situ.
If one could find something within reasonable driving distance of a large town - then it would be a proposition.
The wealthy expats wouldnt understand my thinking though, but somebody out there will have done it!!! Where are you???

yes but the trouble with france is....its full of french people!!!!!!!! nasty!
I think you should pack up yer troubles in yer old kit bag and get yerself over here,Im sure you will find something,we did it you know,just packed up and left,hadnt got a clue where we would end up,ok we made a mistake living in the algarve,but it was a big learning curve and no regrets,now hopefully we will move on,but dont have any any any any regrets leaving UK (why wouldya!!!) just go for it,I am sure you will be ok! whats stopping you? fear of the unknown.....forget it! come to the land of and easy life.
Lots of love and a lick from Ela
Cleri xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Cheers
Nomad
Nomad,I used to know a few more sites but can not mind at the moment , here is one for you to look at www.princesa-tamega.pt (local estate agents) used to be a lot of cheap ones on there, I had a look today and did not see much in Amarante but it covers different towns around here.(which I did not look at) Was one at 46000 euros, house did not look up to much but had 2000m2 for you to grow your own grub! Site is in Portuguese, once you choose the town/area you will see on right hand side "VENDAS" choose Moradias(houses) or Quintas/Quintinhas (farms/little farms). You may not find anything for you but its worth a look to give you an idea. good luck! Ged
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Hmm... take it you were joking about 5000 for a house, if not your pushing the boat out a bit far with that plan! But it could get you a bit land with a fresh water well,get yourself a caravan and a honda generator and hey... your sorted!!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:41 pm

Thanks Cleri

I saw this and thought of you xx
http://www.sundreamhomes.co.uk/carloslagares/
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:04 pm
---------

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
I saw this and thought of you xx
http://www.sundreamhomes.co.uk/carloslagares/
Cleri I cant believe that house for the price. Thankyou for drawing pointing it out to me. I think something like that would be perfect for one person. If I was there now I'd probably buy that.
Lets hope it's not a one off.

Cheers for now - going to watch the football.

Nomad
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:24 pm

Cleri I cant believe that house for the price. Thankyou for drawing pointing it out to me. I think something like that would be perfect for one person. If I was there now I'd probably buy that.
Lets hope it's not a one off.

Cheers for now - going to watch the football.

Nomad
Me 2.....come on england (sorry Ged)
Old Jun 25th 2006, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

A house for 11.000 cant go far wrong there!! About the football...im jelous but its ok I can handle talk of it! Just watched game, sorry but it was very boring but hey...you are through to the next stage!! Come on Portugal tonight against the Dutch! If Portugal win it will be England v Portugal which should be intresting(if both teams pick up there game as Portugal have also been dull up till now) Any excuse for a will do me!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by gedscottish
A house for 11.000 cant go far wrong there!! About the football...im jelous but its ok I can handle talk of it! Just watched game, sorry but it was very boring but hey...you are through to the next stage!! Come on Portugal tonight against the Dutch! If Portugal win it will be England v Portugal which should be intresting(if both teams pick up there game as Portugal have also been dull up till now) Any excuse for a will do me!
Both games a bit dire,but it will be great at the weekend when they play each other!!! Will try to dry out a bit now,until then!!!
Hey Nomad that house has your name on it
Cleri xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.