Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Vodafone PT in English

Vodafone PT in English

Old Feb 8th 2013, 8:28 am
House sitting in Portugal

s5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nice
Default Vodafone PT in English

I've just got a SIM card from Vodafone so I can tether my iPhone and get internet whilst I'm here. My Portuguese is extremely limited. Is there an English version of the Vodafone PT web site. I have searched but can't find any reference to one.
Failing that, can anyone tell me what the number is to request a "balance" of the allowance by SMS please?

By the way, the card cost me 9 euros and it's 16.50€ per month for 1Gb usage, pay as you go.

Many thanks. Stuart.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 8:53 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vodafone PT in English

When I loaded my PT bought Vodaphone dongle it gave me a language option. No problems.
I have always found the staff in the Vodaphone shops very helpfull.
They sorted out a problem I had accessing the internet.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 9:05 am

s5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nice

Indeed, the staff were very good but I happened to pick a particularly busy time and I suspect they couldn't give me as much time as they would have liked. If possible a number to call for help or an SMS number for balance would be most useful. As far as I know there is no Vodafone agent or shop here in Luz and I have no car to get to Lagos, and even if I did get the bus there I'm not sure I'd find the shop again!! lol
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Vodafone PT in English

The Vodafone page is only in Portuguese, had the same problem trying to get a balance, tried all the usual numbers but they did not work, went into the shop and they set me up with this number, 12119 When you ring it its in Portuguese then seconds later you get an SMS telling you the balance and the call is free.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 1:21 pm

Brilliant! That worked fine. Many thanks for the tip. Karma on its way!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all

If you Google Vodafone Portugal one of vodafone sites has translate this page and you can get it in English
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
If you Google Vodafone Portugal one of vodafone sites has translate this page and you can get it in English
I use a MacBook Air for my travels and I only run the Safari browser, which I don't think has a translate function. However, I'll give it a go!
Many thanks Chopper. Stuart.

Last edited by s5tuart; Feb 8th 2013 at 3:51 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 4:03 pm

Yup! You are the font of all knowledge on things Vodafone Chopper.
Here is an excerpt from this page; http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CD8Q7gEwAA

To find out, at any time, the volume of MB still has available to spend on your Internet Additive:

- Toll free 1277
- Send free SMS to 1277 with the text MB (only available for service plans rechargeable)

Perhaps this will help someone else too.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have Safari on my ipad and have just put in www.google.com and it came up Google Portugal with the option of English, put in Vodafone Portugal and got the page you can translate into English. The other thing is keep your eye on their site as 2 or 3 times a year they have promotions ie. top up €20 and get €5 free.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
The Vodafone page is only in Portuguese, had the same problem trying to get a balance, tried all the usual numbers but they did not work, went into the shop and they set me up with this number, 12119 When you ring it its in Portuguese then seconds later you get an SMS telling you the balance and the call is free.
Cheers Chooper! You are a scholar and gentleman indeed. Works a treat! )
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

There's another way too:

While connected to 3G only (NOT WiFi), visit live.internet.vodafone.pt

Scroll to the bottom of the page and it will give you your balance and your remaining text and data allowance.

NB. This will NOT work while connected to WiFi.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

If you use Google Chrome it'll automatically translate pretty much every language to English for you.

The translations aren't perfect but they are understandable.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by newintavira
There's another way too:

While connected to 3G only (NOT WiFi), visit live.internet.vodafone.pt

Scroll to the bottom of the page and it will give you your balance and your remaining text and data allowance.

NB. This will NOT work while connected to WiFi.
Just seen this! Works a treat and EXACTLY what I need! Many thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

Glad it was helpful - just remember to put your WiFi back on afterwards if you do it at home - I've forgotten a couple of times and then drained my monthly allowance on Mixcloud. Now I make a point of only checking when I'm out of the house and away from WiFi!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:51 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: Vodafone PT in English

Also, try dialling *#100# from your mobile and you'll get an instant on-screen message with your balance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.