Travel advice?

Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

steclark is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Travel advice?

Dear expats,

I am going to Benidorm in June on a stag party,
but just recently, my wife has been invited to stay at a friends house in loule, Portugal the week before.

I now have a dilemma that all chaps have, to please both wife and mates.

One option is to visit loule during the week and then travel to benidorm at the weekend, two birds one stone, etc.

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me on some ideas on how I can get from faro airport to Benidorm.

I have looked at hire cars and all the big firms seem to charge a fortune for a one way deal. (>500 quid!)

I've looked at the bus routes (EVA) and there is a bus from Faro to Seville, and I assume there'll be another from there onwards, once in Spain.

However, this kind of thing sounds a bit daunting, and I would feel a whole lot better if someone had already done something similar, i.e. Thats easy, just go this way.....?

Many thanks for any help you could send my way.

Best regards,

Ste
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Travel advice?

Why not fly from faro airport to Alicante airport, this must be the easiest quickest way.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

steclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Looked into flights and there doesn't seem to be a direct flight......
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

dollydimple62 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steclark
Looked into flights and there doesn't seem to be a direct flight......

You could hire a decent car and drive? not sure how far it is though...

Dolly
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:39 am
Digging the tunnel

langkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dollydimple62
You could hire a decent car and drive? not sure how far it is though...

Dolly
I think you might have to fly with Ryannair to Madrid and then get a flight from Madrid to Alicante. I have a friend who lives near Alicante so I have been investigating this same journey. There is also a direct flight from Seville to Alicante if you can persuade someone to drive you to Seville from Loule.