Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Transport from Malaga to Faro

Transport from Malaga to Faro

Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

wotton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transport from Malaga to Faro

Hi, can anyone let me know if there is a train i could get from Malaga to Faro, or whats the best way ?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of
Default Re: Transport from Malaga to Faro

Why don't you look on the web site that deals with international trains. There is no direct train line from Spain to Portugal via the Algarve route, you can get so far then you have to catch a bus into Portugal where you can pick up the train at Vila Real St Antonio which is the first town in Portugal
Joao
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Wimble is an unknown quantity at this point

Wotton, Have you thought of travelling by bus?

There are buses from Malaga to Seville (Prado de San Sebastian bus station), then from Seville (Plaza de Armas bus station) to Faro.

The two bus stations in Seville are about a 20 minute walk apart, or a short bus journey or taxi ride (I think about 5 Euros by taxi)

You will find prices and timetables by filling in your details on the website below.

http://www.movelia.es/

Wimble
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried here?

http://seat61.com/index.html
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:22 am
pdr
Forum Regular

pdr is an unknown quantity at this point

There's no direct train, although you can take a train to Seville (about 2.5 hours) have lunch and a wander round, and then get the bus to Faro (about another 2.5 hours) to arrive around 7 o'clock in the evening. Don't know if it's the best way, but I was looking to travel from the other way (and back again) and decided it was best for me! The reverse journey involved an 8:30am start, arriving in Malaga at about 5:30pm.