Tolls again

Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tolls again

I am planning a trip from Gib to Lisbon.

Route 1 will be along the A22 and up the A2, if so what is the position with tolls after leaving the A22?
Also if I return by this route not having used the A22 on my way to Lisbon what is the position with A22 tolls when entering from the West?

Route 2 much simpler, enter Portugal at Rosal de la Frontera along the N260 and through Serpa.

I may decide to go to Lisbon through Serpa and return using the A22 hence these questions.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tolls again

Your problem is not with the traditional tolls (just take a ticket at the barrier) but how, where and when you sign up to your chosen pre-payment scheme for the electronic-only tolls. The various online systems seem to be for fixed values or fixed durations with no means to obtain any refund. Signing up for the Easytoll numberplate recognition system at VRSA on the A22 heading North(/West) would cover you for any electronic-only toll use for 30 days and, if applicable, for your return by route 2. You will only pay for what you use (along with the relevant admin fees). All the Easytoll sign-up stations are at the border, intended to be used on the way into Portugal.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
All the Easytoll sign-up stations are at the border, intended to be used on the way into Portugal.
That is what I feared Richard.

My preferred journey would be to go to Lisbon via Serpa and return via the A22.

I am flying from Lisbon to the Azores and flight times make this the preferred option.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Tollcard might work for you and there may be a way to get any remaining balance refunded to your purchase card. It may depend on where you buy it.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have been on the Tollcard website and tried to calculate the cost of a trip from Lisbon to Castro Marim class2.
Unfortunately for me the site doesn't work on Firefox or IE.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Works for me with FF? €10.60 of electronic-only tolls along the A22 to the A2 junction plus a further €48.75 of traditional tolls up the A2, if the calculator is correct.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks again Richard

I finally found this part.

Calculador de Portagens

Previously I had been trying

Calculador de Portagens
Old Jul 9th 2015, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I see what you mean now! I was using the one on this page.