Tax Exemption

Old Feb 7th 2018, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

deecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nice
Default Tax Exemption

Can anyone out there recommend a tax adviser who can help with my application for tax exemption under Portugals NHR tax regulations.
I originally had advice from Tony Jesus who I contacted after reading a post on this site, but he has'nt responded to my recent attempts to contact him.
My application has been ongoing for about 10 months now, and I seem to be going around in circles.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: Tax Exemption

Tony Jesus left many people in the lurch. I am still suffering the consequences of using him as my accountant. He has cost me so much money that I can sue him but I have no resources left to do so. He is a delinquent accountant.

Doing your own NHR is simple and there is a post that details on how to do it. No doubt someone will re post it.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

deecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nice

Tony started the process of applying for the tax exemption, saying it should be quite straightforward, it's been anything but. 10 months on and the Lisbon tax office are still demanding confirmation that I was a UK tax payer up until 2016, I have asked for and received these documents from HMRC, but Lisbon reject them, for why I know not, and Tony has done a runner. I'm hoping someone out there has been through the process and can recommend a tax adviser that can help.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 11:41 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deecee
Tony started the process of applying for the tax exemption, saying it should be quite straightforward, it's been anything but. 10 months on and the Lisbon tax office are still demanding confirmation that I was a UK tax payer up until 2016, I have asked for and received these documents from HMRC, but Lisbon reject them, for why I know not, and Tony has done a runner. I'm hoping someone out there has been through the process and can recommend a tax adviser that can help.
I recall at the time when he was very active on here touting for business every question was met with " that's not a problem " approach.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Application is now simple to do yourself through the AT/Finanças portal website but first you must be registered to use it, which you can request via the website portaldasfinancas.gov.pt if you're not already. The password allocated will be sent by post to the address they hold for you, so make sure that's up to date first. Infact, make sure all of the details they hold for you are current before you apply for NHR via the portal because as part of the application you will confirm the details are correct. Then just a tick box to confirm you've not been PT tax resident in any of the previous 5 years. How that will work in your case though, I don't know, as it sounds like there's been a delay since starting and you have to apply by 31st Marchin the year following the year in which you became tax resident, and if you start again online, I doubt it would be considered a continuation of your already open application.

Do a search on here for more details of where to go on the portal for applying. It has been discussed in depth more than once in the past year or so. Good luck.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

My application was lodged by Tony in mid March 2017, since he disappeared from the scene I have been corresponding with them by post, so I have to assume that Tony has the password you refer to. Language translation a great difficulty, time for turnaround post from UK HMRC unbelievably slow, deadlines set by Lisbon tax office unrealistic in light of Portuguese slowmail. Absolutely nothing Simple in my experience.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

No doubt this will be deleted. I have been through many accountants in Portugal and by now know the extravagant fees they charge.

I have been very happy with my new accountant and she goes out of her way to help me and she gets personally involved in a friendly way. Her charges for tax and NHR is very much lower than most.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Feb 8th 2018 at 10:15 pm. Reason: Email addy removed
Old Feb 8th 2018, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deecee
... I have been corresponding with them by post, so I have to assume that Tony has the password you refer to. ...
I assume from this that you live at the address that is known to AT/Finanças. If so, you can either register (in case you haven't already) or recover the password as described here.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Or Eurofinesco.
They did good for me.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ukkram
No doubt this will be deleted. I have been through many accountants in Portugal and by now know the extravagant fees they charge.

I have been very happy with my new accountant and she goes out of her way to help me and she gets personally involved in a friendly way. Her charges for tax and NHR is very much lower than most.
You were right, the individuals details have been removed, perhaps you could send them to me by PM.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by liveaboard
Or Eurofinesco.
They did good for me.
Thank you I have sent them my details and await a response.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

With regard to your UK tax evidence if you register on the UK gov tax site all back dated info is on there for you to print off so you don't need to wait for them to post out saving you some time.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chislenko
With regard to your UK tax evidence if you register on the UK gov tax site all back dated info is on there for you to print off so you don't need to wait for them to post out saving you some time.
So far the Lisbon tax office will only accept documents with HMRC stamp applied. Now they want them" Legalised" as well, which means the documents must be returned to the UK, along with my application form for same, which has to be downloaded from the HMRC internet site, and a fee paid for this service. All this within given time limits. Who ever said this process was simple?
Old Feb 10th 2018, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

How is a document "legalized"? As far as I know one can only Apostille public documents and not private documents.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ukkram
How is a document "legalized"? As far as I know one can only Apostille public documents and not private documents.
The documents concerned are issued by HMRC titled "Certificate of UK Fiscal Residency" On the covering letter received from HMRC it states that "overseas fiscal authority may need the document to be legalised. For more information go to WWW.GOV.UK/GET-DOCUMENT-LEGALISED"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.