Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by Gina11
Hi Sue
Hope you had a good time in QDP. How was the weather? Sounds good about the residents association. Looking forward to being there and seeing hoe it is all developing. Good to talk to you
Gina
Hi Gina
The weather was it got cold in the evenings only to be expected this time of year.We even used the heating for the first couple of days, once they got it working for us. Must admit everyone have been very helpful. We were so busy it didn't matter what the weather was like we had so much to do.

By the way we called it a sail , I think we were told it was from our salesman.

About the washing machine I put the dial to the left not right but the clothes were clean, never worked out the dryer. You can enlighten us all when you get back.

Have a great time.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:20 pm
Gina11

Gina11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue B
Hi Gina
The weather was it got cold in the evenings only to be expected this time of year.We even used the heating for the first couple of days, once they got it working for us. Must admit everyone have been very helpful. We were so busy it didn't matter what the weather was like we had so much to do.

By the way we called it a sail , I think we were told it was from our salesman.

About the washing machine I put the dial to the left not right but the clothes were clean, never worked out the dryer. You can enlighten us all when you get back.

Have a great time.
Hi Sue
I'll let you know how I get on with the appliances.
Speak to you soon
Gina
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

deejay7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site and just wanted to say hi to everyone in the Tavira area.
My wife and I have bought a 3 bedroom apartment on the outskirts of Tavira in the Solmar condominium. I think the area is known as Santo Espirito but I'm not sure. It's just up from the T-Movis furniture shop (not the one at Cabanas).
We are having all of the usual headaches finding furniture etc but have started making headway as we have got to know the area better.
The apartment is for holidays and also to let, but it would be nice to think that we could retire there someday.
Like most of the comments made on this site we were drawn to Tavira by it's uniqueness, or Shabby chique as my wife likes to call it!
We weren't into the Golden triangle ourselves at all and love the east Algarve as it is the most un spoiled.
It would be nice to hear from people in the area so we can share info and views and maybe meet up sometime when we are over there.

Deejay7
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

FionaGall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SteveL
Hi frosty908,

Just seen you message we are looking to have Sky installed and wondered which block you are in Orange or Blue? if the same as us we would like to take you up on using one of your spare LNB ports.
Hi Steve,
We are also in the blue block, We got Sky installed in January, and there are some spare lines. I think I know where your apartment is and will drop details of how to get set-up into your mail box, I think your neighbour across the hall who is a friend of ours will take a line too. We will be there very soon.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:20 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deejay7
Hi everyone,
My wife and I have bought a 3 bedroom apartment on the outskirts of Tavira in the Solmar condominium. I think the area is known as Santo Espirito but I'm not sure. It's just up from the T-Movis furniture shop (not the one at Cabanas).
We are having all of the usual headaches finding furniture etc but have started making headway as we have got to know the area better.
The apartment is for holidays and also to let, but it would be nice to think that we could retire there someday.
Like most of the comments made on this site we were drawn to Tavira by it's uniqueness, or Shabby chique as my wife likes to call it!
We weren't into the Golden triangle ourselves at all and love the east Algarve as it is the most un spoiled.
It would be nice to hear from people in the area so we can share info and views and maybe meet up sometime when we are over there.

Deejay7
We have used Je Ne Sais Quoir for furniture. Although it isn't as cheap as shopping around and buying and fitting everything yourself they supply everything and assemble/fit it all for you. They also provide interior designers to advise you as part of the service. So, all in all we felt they offered a pretty good service. If you are interested their website is jenesaisquoiinteriordesign.com.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

TaniaH is an unknown quantity at this point

We too are in the process of building a house in Quinta de Pegada. Its been taking a while! I was wondering where the curtain shop that was mentioned on this site was in Tavira? Also if anyone could recommend a lighting shop too. If anyone could let me know that would be really helpful. Thank you.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

deejay7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Moviflor in Olhao has just about everything you need. It does have a lighting section too.
It's a strange mix though....some really nice stuff mixed in with tat. Have a good look around on more than one occasion and you get used with it.
I know the curtain shop you mean. I think it's off the new open square with the arches but not sure.
We went to the tourist information and got a street plan and marked the places of interest to us on it but I must have missed this one off.
Just out of interest the Bulls horn roundabout is actualy a sailing dinghy....it had me fooled at first too!!!!
Dave
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

FionaGall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TaniaH
We too are in the process of building a house in Quinta de Pegada. Its been taking a while! I was wondering where the curtain shop that was mentioned on this site was in Tavira? Also if anyone could recommend a lighting shop too. If anyone could let me know that would be really helpful. Thank you.
Hi Tania,

There is a lighting shop in Tavira up past the Vile Gale hotel or in that general direction but we found it a bit pricey, however we did come across a great lighting shop one day on our way to Moviflor. Cannot remember the name of it but was about 2 blocks before Moviflor, right on a corner, the right hand side of the road if your are approaching Moviflor from Tavira side. Great selection of stuff and reasonably priced.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TaniaH
Hi Tania

Welcome to the site. If you mean the curtain shop I mentioned I can't remember the name of it but can give directions.
If you come out of QDP and turn left, at the first roundabout turn right the first exit, go over the rail line not far down there is a mini roundabout. Park as soon as you can and the shop is on the left at the roundabout. It is a bit pricey (500 E for one lounge window with voil, curtains, the pole and fitting) but the lady is very nice. Hope that makes sense.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gina11
Hi Trevor
How much do you charge to install sky in Quinta de Pegada

Please pm the reply as no advertising is allowed on the forum.
Hi 'Gina'
Thx for the enquiry. Apparently I have to 'PM' my reply- not sure what that means... is that 'private Message'? And I don't know how to do that! Anyone help?? Cheers, Trevor.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
Yes, my wife is quite taken with the sky-gazers as well. From your description of the other one I think you're referring to the one that I think of as a sail but then I sail for a hobby. There is a plaque on it as you drive round the roundabout but I never really got a chance to read it properly. I think it was Velo de Vinta or something like that. The sculptor's name is on it and the date it was installed. Are we talking about the same one? It's the roundabout that leads out to the motorway from Tavira.
Hi folks!
Yes, you're quite right, it is a tiny boat with a huge sail. It's called 'Vela Ao Vento', which means quite literally 'Sail to the Wind'. Perhaps 'Nike' could sponsor the roundabout- it's just had it much-needed annual haircut. (I live right next to it, so I see it most days :-))
Nora Velha (pronounced velya) means 'old well'.
We do find the roundabouts are excellent landmarks, much better than street names. It's just a shame the Portuguese drivers don't know how to use them!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deejay7
Hi everyone,

Deejay7
Hi DJ7. You're in good company up there in the 'Valley of the Crab' (Vale Caranguejo). There is a retired Scottish couple in the block & at least two English households too. Has anyone got a key for that front gate yet?
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
Hi 'Gina'
Thx for the enquiry. Apparently I have to 'PM' my reply- not sure what that means... is that 'private Message'? And I don't know how to do that! Anyone help?? Cheers, Trevor.
Click on Gina`s or anyone else`s username and a dropdown menu will appear, you can email or pm from there.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Frosty908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi 'Gina'
Hi Trevor - I think Gina is now in Tavira, so may not respond to your PM, however I emailed her with details of what she needs to do to get Sky, and gave her your phone number, so she may be in touch.
Terry
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:10 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Hi folks!
Yes, you're quite right, it is a tiny boat with a huge sail. It's called 'Vela Ao Vento', which means quite literally 'Sail to the Wind'. Perhaps 'Nike' could sponsor the roundabout- it's just had it much-needed annual haircut. (I live right next to it, so I see it most days :-))
Nora Velha (pronounced velya) means 'old well'.
We do find the roundabouts are excellent landmarks, much better than street names. It's just a shame the Portuguese drivers don't know how to use them!
Trevor,

thanks for the info . The roundabouts do make a good talking point as you drive along, don't they. It seems we all have our own names for them as not all of them are named.

Last edited by TaviraTrog; Apr 5th 2007 at 8:12 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.