Reload this Page >

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 6:33 pm
Gina11

Gina11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Hi there
Quite right, point taken. This is exactly what we tell our kids!!!!!!!
By the way Quinta Pegada owners can anyone help me fathom out the washer dryer?!!!!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gina11
Hi there
By the way Quinta Pegada owners can anyone help me fathom out the washer dryer?!!!!!!!
I havn't looked at the washer yet didn't know it was a dryer as well . Might be able to tell you when we get back off this trip.
With a baby in tow I am sure we will use it.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:29 am
Just Joined

FionaGall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teddy14
Hi,
we have just bought a house on Quinta de Pegada in Tavira and we have now noticed that various sites on the net say that a coutry club is planned for the estate, I wodnerd if this was true and if anyone had any information about it(when its to be built, the facitities, where etc).

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I am also in the Rua Pedro Leonardo-the blue block, Block 10 first floor, there over a year now. I believe the country club will be going ahead but it will be 2008, We have our apartment over a year now and have everything done except purchased patio furniture. Will be going over on the 9th of April for 10 days.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:35 pm
Gina11

Hi Fionagall
I'm really pleased to have met some other people in the same place as us. Hope to see you out there at some stage soon
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FionaGall
Hi,

I am also in the Rua Pedro Leonardo-the blue block, Block 10 first floor, there over a year now. I believe the country club will be going ahead but it will be 2008, We have our apartment over a year now and have everything done except purchased patio furniture. Will be going over on the 9th of April for 10 days.
Read HERE
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:15 am
Gina11

Dear All
I think its time to be very clear about this site. ANYONE can read what you are writing. If you state when you are there ANYONE can know when you are not!
All that aside, its great to talk to you all
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Odd Balls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue B
Hi SteveL

We are in the Yellow block the same as Gina apparently.
We are going out on the 24th but leave on the 1st of April so will only be there 1 day when you are. My daughter will be in the apartment until the 5th. Were your builders Fernando and Helena? if so I think you will be in the block just after ours as you enter the street. We are on the 1st floor up second apartment in at the end near the blue block. Give us a wave if you see us on the balcony
Hi Sue B as a new member I now know when you are going to be in Portugal and WHEN YOU ARE NOT!! Remember we are forever telling our children to be careful on the internet, it is no different for us. If you want to check something email the person and make sure you do not give information on other peoples behalf on the site................... but it is good to talk! OB
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Frosty908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue B
Are you one of the lucky ones who have retired already, we still work so are going to rent for a few years.

Which floor are you on, the reason I am asking is because Helena was saying if we want some English channels we will need another dish and four of us could share it.

We are in the half at the far end of the building as you entre the street.
Hello - We've recently bought an aparment in Quinta da Pegada, our builders were Helena and Fernando. We 'moved in' the week before last, spent the whole week putting together the furniture, putting up the curtains, bathroom fittings, lights etc.
We had the furniture shipped out from the UK, which I am so glad we did. It meant we could buy everything we needed here and have it all arrive in one go. Also, it was better being able to buy stuff in the sales and from what I have seen of the furniture shops in the Algarve, there is far more choice in the UK.
Anyway, while we were out there, we had a Sky dish installed with an 8 way LNB (basically, it means 8 apartments can connect with the same dish). Therefore, if you want Sky (you will either need to subscribe to Sky in the UK - you can't subscribe from a PT address, or you can have the free-to-air channels (BBC1, 2, ITV1, 2 etc), or pay a one off fee of £20 to get channel 4 and channel 5) feel free to get your installer to connect to our dish. All the wiring is internal, so he will be able to wire it to your existing TV sockets in the apartment.
I have posted a card for the installer we used in everyone's letterboxes at the block.
We were so pleased with the place - Helena and Fernando are so helpful and the finish on the place is amazing!
Email me if you want any more info - Perhaps we'll all meet in Pegada at some point!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gina11
Hi there
Hi Gina
We're in the same place as you - the washer dryer is the most complex thing I have ever seen! We did manage to work it out, but the dryer is not good at all - took about 2 hours to dry 2 towels!!! We're considering getting a separate dryer.
There is an instruction book, with an English section, which should help. Basically, ensure the dial is at the top - then turn right to the 40 degree wash, then press the on/off button once, then press it again and hold the on/off button in for 3 seconds. This will start the wash cycle. The display will then tell you the time remaining, which for a 40 degree wash is about 2.5 hours!! I think it is so long because the machine is only cold fill, so it has to heat the water. Good luck!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:35 pm
Gina11

Originally Posted by Frosty908
Hi Gina
We're in the same place as you - the washer dryer is the most complex thing I have ever seen! We did manage to work it out, but the dryer is not good at all - took about 2 hours to dry 2 towels!!! We're considering getting a separate dryer.
There is an instruction book, with an English section, which should help. Basically, ensure the dial is at the top - then turn right to the 40 degree wash, then press the on/off button once, then press it again and hold the on/off button in for 3 seconds. This will start the wash cycle. The display will then tell you the time remaining, which for a 40 degree wash is about 2.5 hours!! I think it is so long because the machine is only cold fill, so it has to heat the water. Good luck!
Hi Frosty
Pleased to meet you. Yes I had a similar experience with the machine last time we were out which is why I asked the question. Having spent what seemed like eternity doing one wash load and as for the drying!!!!!!!! Not that I intend to spend much time laundering I just wanted to fathom it all out. We are also thrilled with all the help we have received from Fermando and Helena, well actually all the people involved have been great. Our only problem is not wanting to come back when we are there. We are learning Portuguese, but I have to say its a very slow process, especially after a full working day still never mind as long as we can order a meal and a drink.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yes but who will wash my muddy shorts!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FionaGall
Hi,

Hi Fiona maybe will see you out there some time, look out for old rugby shorts!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
Ref. 'Rua da Fonte', it's right next to & overlooked by Quinta da Pegada. We fit Sky TV in the area & are quite familiar with the various properties in the area, all of which are finished to an excellent standard, with none of the 'horror stories' you often hear when people buy overseas.
Good forum guys, keep it up! Trevortronix.com
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
Hi.
Ref. 'Rua da Fonte', it's right next to & overlooked by Quinta da Pegada. We fit Sky TV in the area & are quite familiar with the various properties in the area, all of which are finished to an excellent standard, with none of the 'horror stories' you often hear when people buy overseas.
Good forum guys, keep it up! Trevortronix.com
Trevor is the guy who did our Sky setup and I would definately recommend him, quick and no fuss. Keep the tea flowing though!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

SteveL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi frosty908,

Just seen you message we are looking to have Sky installed and wondered which block you are in Orange or Blue? if the same as us we would like to take you up on using one of your spare LNB ports.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.