Reload this Page >

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Old Mar 16th 2007, 5:35 pm
Gina11

Gina11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Hi TT
The Tavira Garden Development is quite an established one there are white apartments with windows that are arched at the top, there is a lot of greenery around as well, which compliments the green very nicely. Slightly further along from there towards Cabanas is Pagopouco, a furniture type warehouse place. Pegada is going the other way towards Tavira, just passed what I think is the well roundabout and your development, then opposite the Honda garage, I hope you have a successful trip. Its surprising how much needs to be done in short bursts of time when you have a flight involved isn't it. We have found the Portuguese officials very accomodating and sympathetic to the fact that we are there for short amounts of time, but the red tape has been slow and at times frustrating. Still its all part of the adventure and we have been determined to go into 'Potuguese'mode when we are there and just go with it.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gina11
Hi TT
The Tavira Garden Development is quite an established one there are white apartments with windows that are arched at the top, there is a lot of greenery around as well, which compliments the green very nicely. Slightly further along from there towards Cabanas is Pagopouco, a furniture type warehouse place. Pegada is going the other way towards Tavira, just passed what I think is the well roundabout and your development, then opposite the Honda garage, I hope you have a successful trip. Its surprising how much needs to be done in short bursts of time when you have a flight involved isn't it. We have found the Portuguese officials very accomodating and sympathetic to the fact that we are there for short amounts of time, but the red tape has been slow and at times frustrating. Still its all part of the adventure and we have been determined to go into 'Potuguese'mode when we are there and just go with it.
Hi Gina

I'm a bit confused (it doesn't take much) Are you in Portugal or Google earth
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:45 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Hi Gina,

I'm actually looking forward to getting into Portuguese mode

Can't come soon enough.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 6:55 pm
Gina11

Hello TT and Sue B
Unfortunately not in Portugal, but not Googal Earth either, just trying to work out the developments from my (often pickled through too much Vinho Verde!)memory. We are also looking forward to taking the Portuguese way of life on. Do either of you intend to live in Tavira or have you bought there for holidays etc...?
When are you out there next?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 7:01 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gina

We are definitely intending to live there permanently. As soon as we have completed our purchase next week we will come back to UK and put our house on the market. When we've sold it we're off. Obviously we would prefer to have the capital to invest for income but if the worst comes to the worst we'll rent it out in the interim.

Which poses another question: can anyone recommend a good reliable advisor to tell us were to put our money??
Old Mar 18th 2007, 7:27 pm
Gina11

Hi TT
Lucky you I wish we were in your position. Of course you could always play the exchange rate game and make money from your capital to earn you an income, other than that I cannot suggest an adviser for you its quite a personal thing I think! What made you pick Tavira?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 6:44 am
C'est la vie

Hello Gina,

Having spent some time touring around the Algarve looking for somewhere to buy we immediately decided Tavira was the place for us when we visited. The comparative quiet and peacefulness was a factor. Before we visited we had done research on the web and thought it was the place for us. As an added bonuse it has 2 sailing clubs and I sail
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hello TT and Sue B
Unfortunately not in Portugal, but not Googal Earth either, just trying to work out the developments from my (often pickled through too much Vinho Verde!)memory. We are also looking forward to taking the Portuguese way of life on. Do either of you intend to live in Tavira or have you bought there for holidays etc...?
When are you out there next?
Hi TT and Gina
We have bought for holidays for the time being and hope to rent a few weeks of the year would love to live there. We also bought in Tavira because of the peaceful place that it is, lets hope it stays that way.
Have heard they are building a shopping centre in Tavira how true it is I don't know.
Four more working day's and then we are off to practice our portugese can't wait
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:26 pm
Gina11

Hi Sue and TT
Looks like we are all looking for a peaceful way of life
We have been going to the Algarve off and on for 20 years now but have mainly explored the west of Faro. We have had many holidays in Lagos and love the marina there, but 2 years ago we had a holiday near Castro Marim and sampled some of the many beaches along the east end which we love. Our main reason for picking Tavira is that we feel it has,so far, managed to keep its Portuguese charm. We like the eastern Algarve because of this and Tavira because it is a real town with the Portuguese going about their daily business, unlike places like Vilamoura and Quinta da Lago which are purpose built and tourist resorts. We also like the curious mix of old delapidated buildings next to restoration projects and new builds. I am sure though Tavira will grow over the next few years i just hope it doesn't lose its identity in the process
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:39 am
C'est la vie

Thumbs up Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Hi Sue and Gina

All the things you have mentioned were what attracted us to Tavira.

We're getting quite excited as we fly out tomorrow arriving late pm. It's a mixture of anticipation and trepidation. Still by the time we get back we'll be the proud owners of property in Tavira. A two-home family - but not for too long. Then we'll have to get our asses in gear and arrange to sell the house here and move out. Our plan is to move out in September/October but who knows ...? If the house sells quickly it could be sooner.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

SteveL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

I've just found this chatroom my brother-in-law (howard) and myself (steve) have bought a 3 bed apartment in pegada on Rue Pedro Leonardo Mergoux 2nd floor in the last block on the right hand side. We signed in Jan and got the keys in Feb when we had a week sorting out furniture and other bits and bobs. We will be traveling out om March 31st for a week with our families 12 in all with 6 staying at the Villa Gala. Thats good news re restaurant and country club hope it comes off.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:14 pm
Gina11

Hello Steve
I am also new to this as I only joined a week or so ago. We are at the same place maybe even the same block as you. It looks like there are mainly british people in the block,if its the same. We will be out early April so maybe we will bump in to you then. Its going to be a busy time for us all furnishing our apartments and spending as much time as we can there.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

SteveL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Steve
I am also new to this as I only joined a week or so ago. We are at the same place maybe even the same block as you. It looks like there are mainly british people in the block,if its the same. We will be out early April so maybe we will bump in to you then. Its going to be a busy time for us all furnishing our apartments and spending as much time as we can there.
Hiya Gina
We're in the blue block what block are you in? Furniture should be all in for when we arrive hopefully just curtain poles and so other small jobs for me to do. Hope to see you there.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SteveL
Hiya Gina
We're in the blue block what block are you in? Furniture should be all in for when we arrive hopefully just curtain poles and so other small jobs for me to do. Hope to see you there.
Hi SteveL

We are in the Yellow block the same as Gina apparently.
We are going out on the 24th but leave on the 1st of April so will only be there 1 day when you are. My daughter will be in the apartment until the 5th. Were your builders Fernando and Helena? if so I think you will be in the block just after ours as you enter the street. We are on the 1st floor up second apartment in at the end near the blue block. Give us a wave if you see us on the balcony

Last edited by Sue B; Mar 20th 2007 at 9:19 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue B
Hi SteveL

We are in the Yellow block the same as Gina apparently.
We are going out on the 24th but leave on the 1st of April so will only be there 1 day when you are. My daughter will be in the apartment until the 5th. Were your builders Fernando and Helena? if so I think you will be in the block just after ours as you enter the street. We are on the 1st floor up second apartment in at the end near the blue block. Give us a wave if you see us on the balcony
You do realise this is a public forum and the info you are disclosing can be read by anyone ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.