Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Starting a BZ here, (off topic in Facbook post)

Starting a BZ here, (off topic in Facbook post)

Old Jul 19th 2015, 7:36 am
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Starting a BZ here, (off topic in Facbook post)

Another big thank you for everyone's advise on the 'Facebook help needed' POST Especially as we segued off topic to my smoking start-up business and my need for 'chipped' wood to smoke.
MrBife and Ingles both came up with links to BUY a chipper.
As a young business still researching the viability of the market, I was reluctant to invest much more capital then the two old gas cookers that I converted (E20.00 each conversion E10.00) + gas bottles and some kilos of Salt and Garlic. Most of the low cost chippers (under E200.00) don't have the power to chew through hard wood branches. The best local wood that's in abundant supply would be citrus (Orange) and nut (Almond) and Oak from the North. I'm curious about Carob wood (pods?) but my data about the 'smoking' business comes mostly from the USA and Carob trees are not on the common research list...who knows what Carob 'smoke' would be like; sweet or bitter?
Anyway I'm looking at OXL.pt site for some used chipper/shredders and will get the stats of the machines off of UK/USA sites. I guess I gotta bite-the-bullet and invest in a proper large chipper...they seem to be running E600+...So we'll see how it goes!