Spare a thought

Old Dec 27th 2017, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spare a thought

Hi All As many of you know I have mentioned a service for my business I use called Pharosparcels. I have mentioned it because many members need parcels delivered and my experience may have been of help. Today I am sad to say when I called to arrange another parcel to be dropped off and not collected by a driver. Fiona at the end of the phone told me how an expat in Portugal who claims to be ex military gave her the most disgraceful verbal abuse. This all came about because a badly packaged parcel had to be repackaged by UPS. It seems it arrived with no damages or anything missing. Then why give verbal to someone sat at the end of a Phone. Moral of the story make sure any parcels you have sent over from the Uk are packaged correctly.

Sorry for this rant

Happy New Year to all Forum members

Peter

Last edited by peterfc; Dec 27th 2017 at 7:04 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

alf1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spare a thought

Such a shame that people act in such a manner. Peter could you send me the link for the above company please? I presume that because you champion them that they are a good company.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 7:39 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peterfc
Hi All As many of you know I have mentioned a service for my business I use called Pharosparcels. I have mentioned it because many members need parcels delivered and my experience may have been of help. Today I am sad to say when I called to arrange another parcel to be dropped off and not collected by a driver. Fiona at the end of the phone told me how an expat in Portugal who claims to be ex military gave her the most disgraceful verbal abuse. This all came about because a badly packaged parcel had to be repackaged by UPS. It seems it arrived with no damages or anything missing. Then why give verbal to someone sat at the end of a Phone. Moral of the story make sure any parcels you have sent over from the Uk are packaged correctly.

Sorry for this rant

Peter
...If it were my decision, I'd keep a list & refuse to service any further - AND publish the reasons back along the line. Shame seems to be the only thing that works with some Brits.....
Old Dec 27th 2017, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alf1956
Such a shame that people act in such a manner. Peter could you send me the link for the above company please? I presume that because you champion them that they are a good company.
Hi Alf

I didn't want for the post to turn into an advert as it's about the individual who thinks it's cool to have a go at a woman. Maybe he gets a kick out of it i don't know but i was upset. The company are called Pharosparcel.co and i use them because i know they will send my parcels via UPS. in December i had six parcels all arrive on time and one more leaving on this Friday.

I am just as quick to complain over bad service.

Peter
Old Dec 28th 2017, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for this rant

Peter

Really sorry about this Peter. Altho I am sure the lady has experienced this before dealing with the public. If it had been me I would have blown a dog whistle down the line ( a thing I had to do once or twice in my previous job in the UK. as a civil servant ) If he was indeed military, then he was a disgrace to his uniform. Little comfort for her though. Glad you could say kind things to her
Old Dec 28th 2017, 8:33 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
If it had been me I would have blown a dog whistle down the line ( a thing I had to do once or twice in my previous job in the UK. as a civil servant )
Did anyone hear it?
Old Dec 28th 2017, 8:44 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

One of the reasons We avoid holidays based on groups is observing that behaviour from a certain type of Brit.
We went out of our way to apologise to the staff at a hotel we were staying in last month for the atitude of Brits of an age and background who should know better.
I am sure it's not Just a problem with Brits but it does seem to be worse among the older dare I say so called upper class.
Shouting at someone much younger and not that fluent in English is not the way to behave,
Old Dec 29th 2017, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Did anyone hear it?

Don't know ...didn't wait around to find out...
Old Dec 29th 2017, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EMR
One of the reasons We avoid holidays based on groups is observing that behaviour from a certain type of Brit.
We went out of our way to apologise to the staff at a hotel we were staying in last month for the atitude of Brits of an age and background who should know better.
I am sure it's not Just a problem with Brits but it does seem to be worse among the older dare I say so called upper class.
Shouting at someone much younger and not that fluent in English is not the way to behave,
Manners maketh man
Old Dec 29th 2017, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

nogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
We, the Upper Class, swear; because we know how! The Lower class, swear; because they know no better!
Old Dec 29th 2017, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

alf1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alf

I didn't want for the post to turn into an advert as it's about the individual who thinks it's cool to have a go at a woman. Maybe he gets a kick out of it i don't know but i was upset. The company are called Pharosparcel.co and i use them because i know they will send my parcels via UPS. in December i had six parcels all arrive on time and one more leaving on this Friday.

I am just as quick to complain over bad service.

Peter
Thanks Peter, I have looked on the company web site & they appear to be very competitive.
Old Dec 30th 2017, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alf1956
Thanks Peter, I have looked on the company web site & they appear to be very competitive.
Hi Alf

It was not intended to become an add rather to highlight the injustice of an incident beyond the control of the Service provider. It was UPS who damaged his parcel so complain to them not a girl doing a job.

Hope you all have a great New Years Eve and a great year ahead.

Peter