Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

IN Their Wildest Dreams

IN Their Wildest Dreams

Old May 20th 2018, 9:20 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default IN Their Wildest Dreams

Who else watched the UK tv prog about a destitute family moving from the UK to the Portuguese countryside to start a new life and become self reliant.

In a country devastated by fires they are building a wooden framed , straw bale house.
I doubt for one minute that they have realised the folly of their plans or realised that they have probably broken every Portuguese planning and building regs .
Still it makes good tv .
Old May 20th 2018, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IN Their Wildest Dreams

I watched it and couldn't believe how a teacher could jack his job in take something that paid 50% of his wage forcing his family to resort to food banks to exist just because he didnt like meeting government targets
mad as a box of frogs
Then to put his youngsters through what apears to me to be going to be life of abject poverty in portugal.

Couldn't dent his enthusiam though and fingers crossed it works out for them
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

sidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond reputesidgold has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There, Yes... I agree with you, it seems crazy. But what an adventure!!!
Old May 22nd 2018, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

wendybse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynn and Richard how are you doing on your property now....Hope you've got your Round house completed....saw recent story on tv about your smallholding in Portugal...your surname is Briscoe....take care Wendybse
Old May 22nd 2018, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Furfanus Postumus is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the house was in the middle of a pine tree forest too. They must be brave.
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

wendybse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 'Their Wildest Dreams'

hi 🙋 am wondering which village is nearby....they grew a lovely selection of vegetables...good job an irrigation system set up! Love this site! Hello everybody...My Dad was in the RAF so moved about a great deal in the 50's and 60's, lived in Malta and Cyprus as a child/teenager! Now a grandmother of eight in Suffolk....