Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Portugal

Old Mar 9th 2017, 8:09 pm   #61
nogard 
Forum Regular

nogard has a brilliant futurenogard has a brilliant futurenogard has a brilliant futurenogard has a brilliant futurenogard has a brilliant futurenogard has a brilliant futurenogard has a brilliant future
Default Re: Solar Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny22 View Post
That would seem obvious but others disagree. See

https://www.sunpump.solar/solar-pane...st/west-debate

The plot thickens
The 'others,' are wrong!
nogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th 2017, 2:17 am   #62
BE Enthusiast

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxy_UK View Post
...Maybe a reason NOT to have EDP install them

Paul
AFAIK, all meters in Portugal are installed by EDP Distribuição.

If so, good luck with that.
RichardHenshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th 2017, 10:29 am   #63
Can type, Will type

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardHenshall View Post
AFAIK, all meters in Portugal are installed by EDP Distribuição.

If so, good luck with that.
AFAIK ? No sure on that shorthand.

I appreciate that EDP fit all meters, it was more that if the current meter doesn't have a 'backstop' it may be less likely for this to be spotted if it wasnt EDP that fit the solar panels. On the presumption that other solar installers have no intrinsic care if the Meter goes backwards during the day.

However, I was just expressing my experience of older meters going backwards, I'm not a solar installer touting for work.
Knoxy_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th 2017, 1:52 pm   #64
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
AFAIK ? No sure on that shorthand.
AFAIK - As Far As I Know, fairly standard I'd have thought....

With regard to the meters, EDP will change them on a regular basis (mine was changed last year), but even the old one was digital so I'm not sure whether it would "go backwards" like the old (very old) analogue meter.....

I appreciate your thought as to buying from someone other than EDP, but you'd probably find the "EDP fitters" are contractors too - with EDP just doing the sales, etc.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 3:09 pm   #65
BE Enthusiast

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Before you purchase solar panels, consider the "Tesla option" and have a battery backup.

I looked at it for a house in the 🇬🇧 but the payback was 10 years (the same as their product guarantee). But higher prices for electricity and more sun may make it an option.

I have one house with 2kw on east and 2 on west, and it produces just less than my other which is 3.2kwh and faces south.

The other thing to consider is older electric meters go backwards, so unwind the electric you used last night. The newer meters have backstops to prevent this. Maybe a reason NOT to have EDP install them

Paul
Your subsequent posts have implied that, in the final sentence, you meant to the word 'them' to refer to the panels. However in that last paragraph the word 'them' could only refer to the meters (or their backstops), hence my comment.

AFAIK always means 'as far as I know', BICBW.
RichardHenshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th 2017, 4:55 pm   #66
Can type, Will type

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

👌🏽

I see how the "thems" got confused. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Knoxy_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:39 pm   #67
Just Joined

thepeterknight is an unknown quantity at this point

I am interested solely in heating my water - house and pool. Best companies in the Algarve or willing to work in the Algarve?
thepeterknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th 2017, 2:14 pm   #68
MrBife 
BE Enthusiast

MrBife will become famous soon enough

Penguin or Termocelcius
MrBife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th 2017, 1:20 pm   #69
Just Joined

thepeterknight is an unknown quantity at this point